Realism mod

Huh. I thought the missing mini-hud was a feature of the mod, intended to make things more challenging by hiding where your opponents were while making you learn the streets on your own...

Huh. I thought the missing mini-hud was a feature of the mod, intended to make things more challenging by hiding where your opponents were while making you learn the streets on your own...

Initially I removed the minimap because I couldn't find a way to remove the enemies(red dots) from the map without deleting the whole minimap-hud,but after I found a way to remove the red dots I decided to put the minimap back along with the notoriety and another advantage is that now you can see the radius of the survival missions and so on.

Given that the mod is to challenge players, here's some ideas that would seem to fit if possible:
-remove map markers you haven't visited
-removing tutorial messages (done in GoS) I believe
-removing the arrows from certain missions that tell you where enemies are. ie, the early parachute mission and Guardian Angel missions

Come to think of it I'm not sure if I'd be thanking you or cursing you for the second, but it'd be an interesting experience, at any rate.

Man the tank mayhem has gotten harder. I remember it being easy on easy, not hard on easy. :)

I don't see anything indicating the money amount was raised in the tank activity, but the 'Easy' level shows $400,000. The best I've been able to do is $300,000.

Nice to have the extra challenge of staying alive (damn rocket-guys), but I can't seem to get anywhere near the amount I need, and this is the easiest level. Guess I'll come back to this one too.

-removing the arrows from certain missions that tell you where enemies are. ie, the early parachute mission and Guardian Angel missions

That's a really bad idea because you can not see the enemies that have to be killed rendering the missions impossible.For example in Snatch activity you have to kill certain marked morningstar goons in order to recruit the hos and this list continues...

Still the rest of what you suggested sounds good and I might look into it.

Man the tank mayhem has gotten harder. I remember it being easy on easy, not hard on easy. :)

I don't see anything indicating the money amount was raised in the tank activity, but the 'Easy' level shows $400,000. The best I've been able to do is $300,000.

Nice to have the extra challenge of staying alive (damn rocket-guys), but I can't seem to get anywhere near the amount I need, and this is the easiest level. Guess I'll come back to this one too.

I don't have any problems in finishing any of the tank activities and I'm having hell of a fun doing them.So you just need to practice.

Guys I have to announce that I will not make any updates for the next month because I'm going on a trip in France and then in Greece so yeah I hope when I come back I will see some progress regarding the modding tools ;).I have a plane to catch in a few hours so see ya .

Though tank mayhem is way, way too hard for me too. Maybe you're a pro at it, but think of the poor guys who hated it already...

Though tank mayhem is way, way too hard for me too. Maybe you're a pro at it, but think of the poor guys who hated it already...
I finally won the easy level. My big problem was steering and rockets. I learned to actively run over people chasing me, not be shy about parking under bridges when I couldn't find the aircraft shooting at me, and otherwise constantly moving. I suppose it really does just take practice, but I dread the idea of medium and hard (and yet really want to try. Maybe that's how I'll spend my week-end...

Edit: Got it again on easy, but it took around 20 tries. Still, it was fun.

With v3.7 of the mod I can't seem to start the Belgian mission. Calling Pierce makes the game crash. This is the only mission that does this, and I can do any other mission in the mean-time.

I removed all mods, even wiped the root files and the cache files, then had steam re-download everything, re-installed the Realism mod, and started from scratch. Got all the way to the Belgian mission and the game instantly crashed as soon as I clicked on Pierce in the phone.

Edit: you can probably disregard this post. I realized I had customization_items.xtbl modded courtesy of the two small mods I had installed and didn't remove.

Back