Re: Flippy's video

Uhh ohh glad we dont wrestling again over this fanbase again lets hope we made this forums back to normal again.. and hopefully the old sr2 modders comeback again... and hopefully sr2 patch will come out..... someday sooner or later.

Couldn't remember my old login from 2013 so I made a new account to throw my hat into the ring. All I can say is despite how petty, childish and a backstabbing liar Mini is, I'm thankful he didn't just nuke the site and disappeared. Hopefully things will get better with new ownership, but we'll see. Saints Row is sadly dead, this franchise is done and we'll never get anything new, but it's important that this site stays up for the sake of preservation.

And honestly, even if for some crazy circumstance the source code for SR1 and 2 gets leaked, I don't think anything is happening, Saints Row isn't big enough where you'd get crazy code wizards working around the clock to port the game to PC, the only reason we were ever going to get the unfucked patch was the sheer determination and love Mike had, and I frankly don't think anyone has anymore, specially not after the reboot killed everyone's morale... The future of Saints Row now lies within emulation, Xenia can now play both games perfectly at 60fps (with DLC no less), it'll never be a true replacement for a PC port, but it's the best thing we can get.

It's been quite a while since I posted anything and while I don't have anything substantive to add, I can't help but express how saddened I am by all this. Frankly, I feel that I, too, had my small yet nonetheless shameful contribution to the current state of things – I actually ignored Admixon when he reached out to me back in May 2021, for which I would like to apologise, I should've at least asked what was going on. I don't know, I've been trying so hard to move on with my life for the past few years, to some extent I actually did, yet after watching Flippy's videos I'm heartbroken all the same. I even played the reboot myself to see how much disappointment it would bring me. It's as if there's this part of me deep inside that I can't let go of.

Well, the shocking truth is, I created this account when I was 11 years old, Saints Row and the community surrounding it basically raised me. I owe my social and emotional growth to this place, especially IdolNinja, who taught me how to behave and handle anger in a civil manner. Mike really was the man. I can't believe that after all the commitment he put, it's all gone down the drain in such a way. I wish I had done more myself when there was still hope. I'm sorry I hadn't.

Regarding the mods I created back in the day, you're all free to do whatever you want with them, I have no need to even be credited at this point. If anyone feels like taking over my past work and developing it further, go for it, you have my approval. Just please take care of yourselves and don't spread any more negativity around here, there really is no point to it. Over and out.

Likewise for me, it's been a long time since I posted here.

I guess you could say that drama brings back those that have a connection to what is affected by it. I've pretty much moved over to the sidelines ever since a mod patch for SR4 was being worked on. Never really dipped my toes into AOM, and saw how broken and shallow the reboot was.

I honestly thought that that was it for Saints Row. The community is more divided than that of Need for Speed of all IPs, when NFS as an IP has changed face 4 times now. Quite telling when a franchise has 2 subreddits that both hate each other.

Volition is shut down, the IP is still in the hands of Deep Shit. I wonder how much more garbage that is not SR will have a purple fleur de lys slapped on it, regardless of its sales power at this point.

I had always hoped that the mods community would silently flourish while the rest of the community was in essentially civil war. But to see the drama even get to here... In any case, misusing the credentials of someone you can consider representative of the community, is unacceptable.

It really only just leaves me to wonder; why? What during the for I suppose Thomas was a development hell that is the patch for SR2 PC led him to make such outlandish decisions? To remain fair, I have absolutely no idea what the person's situation personally is, but that shouldn't affect a community in the way it did, even if this forum is hosted in private out of the good will of one's heart.

We all carry a backpack of regrets. Things we wished we did or didn't, and Mike Watson carried the heaviest one in this entire community.

I don't want to just believe Thomas is just an outright evil person to his core, despite his actions. That would be easy. I would like to understand what has led Thomas to such inane and ridiculous ideas and actions. We don't need an apology video, we just need honesty.

Why couldn't he just be up front about his inability to progress the patch? Why stir up drama, instead of coming with an honest statement? If it's that heavy for an immediate response, take time, but just keep it honest.

For whatever crap I have made in the past, anyone that wants to use it feel free however they want. Where Mike worked on the SR2 PC patch on his own, even with disabilities, till his dying breath, even knowing that at some point it wouldn't be finished in his lifetime, I have plenty of life left ahead but still haven't tried to finish what I worked on anyways.

I'll upload what I have left to release for the original SRTT, but that'll be my last.

If only the rightsholders to the IP actually handled the Saints Row IP with any form of responsibility and listened to the voices of concern, there wouldn't have been any drama that would reach even the mods forums, which I've been part of since age 15.

I pray that Mike Watson makes his dreams come true in the next life, and I wish each and everyone of you the best. The mods community was always the best part of the SR community to be part of.

jesus, this whole situation is really fucked up

do we know who's gonna own the site after he transfers it or is it gonna be like a constitutional democracy or whatever

sorry, i just don't really have much more to say that hasn't already been said by people up here except like "hurr durr i don't like minimaul"

jesus, this whole situation is really fucked up

do we know who's gonna own the site after he transfers it or is it gonna be like a constitutional democracy or whatever

sorry, i just don't really have much more to say that hasn't already been said by people up here except like "hurr durr i don't like minimaul"
mrsaintsgodzilla21 and megafreeman owns the forum now..

MegaFreeman and mrsaintsgodzilla

Minimaul also pm'd me, but that part didn't materialize since flippy's second video sped up his exit quite a lot. Not sure if the site itself has been transferred, I assume we'll hear an announcement then.

Last edited:
Back