Re: Flippy's video

I dunno. Snickerdoodle was pretty fucking cute but then I'm probably one of the few old-school SR2 fans who enjoyed the reboots story and characters. I just think they should have ignored the events in IV and had the old crew relocated to a different location. My only issue with the reboot is pretty much the lack of interior locations. I can't stand how hostile a lot of SR fans get toward people who actually enjoy it. Even if you disagree and think it's trash it's no excuse to go treating fellow SR fans like shit.

I can't stand how hostile a lot of SR fans get toward people who actually enjoy it. Even if you disagree and think it's trash it's no excuse to go treating fellow SR fans like shit.
Yeah I have no problem with people who enjoy the reboot, I enjoy aspects of it myself... I just don't think it deserves the title of "Saints Row".

Last edited:
I respect Minimaul for owning his mistakes with all of this. It's easy for everyone to sit here and say what they would've or should've done because hindsight is 20/20. However, what is the end goal of it?? Idolninja is no longer with us, Volition is no longer with us, and the SR2 Patch & IP are under Deep Silver's control. They didn't say anything before or after all this information has been thrown out there. It's been years now since Idol has been gone and no one has yet to step up to the mantle and tried to do what he did for the games.

Then three people are being painted as "rats" and "backstabbers" for something we have almost little to no information about, they didn't even get proper chances to defend themselves when the "Victim" of the account hacking has pretty much painted all of them out to be bad people and is refusing to elaborate on the situation.

This is all coming across as unnecessary drama in this community which has once again been started and centered by a prominent member in the fan base.

I respect Minimaul for owning his mistakes with all of this. It's easy for everyone to sit here and say what they would've or should've done because hindsight is 20/20. However, what is the end goal of it?? Idolninja is no longer with us, Volition is no longer with us, and the SR2 Patch & IP are under Deep Silver's control. They didn't say anything before or after all this information has been thrown out there. It's been years now since Idol has been gone and no one has yet to step up to the mantle and tried to do what he did for the games.

Then three people are being painted as "rats" and "backstabbers" for something we have almost little to no information about, they didn't even get proper chances to defend themselves when the "Victim" of the account hacking has pretty much painted all of them out to be bad people and is refusing to elaborate on the situation.

This is all coming across as unnecessary drama in this community which has once again been started and centered by a prominent member in the fan base.
I can't speak on behalf of the blame of he or she it or they about the acc jacking. I however can speak on the topic of minimaul. I personally have a right to say my mind in the matter about minimaul. You weren't there when it all went down. Idol didn't want the info public back then and really didn't want us disclosing the info at all so we had to just let it sit and boil under us. Now that it's out there I said my peace when it comes to mini. Not to mention mini was mia for a hot minute and due to idol and the old nda I never said anything publicly because that would/could of ruined chances of future ndas when the project came back to fruition. The end goal of flips video was to honor Mike and to bring awareness to what really happened behind the scenes of the patch and to stir a uproar to talk about the patch more so something might actually be done with the patch and work actually continue on it.

Last edited:
Volition is no longer with us
People keep saying this. I'm sure in my Google suggestions it had an article about a few Veteran Volition Employees getting back together to revive Volition under a new Name.

I can't speak on behalf of the blame of he or she it or they about the acc jacking. I however can speak on the topic of minimaul. I personally have a right to say my mind in the matter about minimaul. You weren't there when it all went down. Idol didn't want the info public back then and really didn't want us disclosing the info at all so we had to just let it sit and boil under us. Now that it's out there I said my peace when it comes to mini. Not to mention mini was mia for a hot minute and due to idol and the old nda I never said anything publicly because that would/could of ruined chances of future ndas when the project came back to fruition. The end goal of flips video was to honor Mike and to bring awareness to what really happened behind the scenes of the patch and to stir a uproar to talk about the patch more so something might actually be done with the patch and work actually continue on it.
Chile I was not directing anything to you so idk why you're taking it so personally
People keep saying this. I'm sure in my Google suggestions it had an article about a few Veteran Volition Employees getting back together to revive Volition under a new Name.
Ok and what does that mean for the franchise? Just because they formed under a new studio does not mean they're going to be working under Deep Silver anytime soon after everything that has gone down over the years.

Last edited:
so idk why you're taking it so personally
Well, lets just say that this situation is not just a normal drama... something really messed up happend here, and i believe people have the right to feel that way, myself included. Sometimes even if someone makes mistakes, there are many reasons to react this way. Closing this forum without letting people know the reason is something that many of us would be this way, specially if your projects/mods are gone forever (in case you didnt do a backup). So that's the way some of us take this kind of things personally..

Last edited:
Chile I was not directing anything to you so idk why you're taking it so personally
I know you didn't direct it at me. You asked what is the end goal of it?? Which was a question that got a answer. The end goal I stated which tbh should of been very clear. I'm also taking it personal because I was there you were not. I was close to idol just like all of us were in the "original test group" after what went down I don't speak for all of us but i'm sure alot of us were pretty upset when all of that went down and out of respect for idol we couldn't really talk outside of the group about it. You said It's easy for everyone to sit here and say what they would've or should've done. The public as is just didn't know the full story and I know you hate flippy but i'm glad he told the story because it really needed to be told. While things are still left in limbo and no updates are publicly made to this day still about the patch other than it's not canceled is irritating. So yes people are going to have some issues and take it very personal, especially since we also had a scare that the site was just whipped and lost majority of everything we have created/done over the years. You also said They didn't say anything before or after all this information has been thrown out there. Who is they in which you speak of? If you mean Deep Silver, then that's the problem "they haven't said anything". Here's what has been said, "it's not canceled, no new updates, no new updates, no new updates, no nothing publicly other than that it is not canceled" That's the problem. The patch is in development hell still and they haven't addressed that.

Last edited:
Back