Random Encounters Mod [with STAG,SWAT,old gangs and more]

hello, great mod, i loved it, i think it would be great if everytime the assault starts it leaves you with at least one random power, just an idea.
now, the mod doesn't allow me to play how the saints saved christmas, with the mod it crashes to desktop when i start the missions, without the mod everything works fine, it only happens with the christmas missions.
(i have the latest update)

Yeah that's because the last time I updated this bitch was on 4th of October.You can simply uninstall it before playing the HTSSC missions.

EDIT:About the feature with the random power it's not possible right now but we'll see in the future.

Well I think I ran into a bug a few more tests and I'll know for sure. I was customizing at Image as Designed once done I left and found out I had been under attack for a couple minutes. I went outside and not a single person was around no attackers, no pedestrians, or saints. After the remaining 2 minutes were up I looked around and not a single person was around no parked vehicles either. Look around a little longer and found two people at a stop light but neither moved when it was green or when I shot their vehicles. I stole one of them that got a reaction of them running off scared. Drove around for awhile then was invaded again but not a single enemy showed up I couldn't even spawn my cars as it had been disabled for some time. After that I saved but I haven't reloaded that save yet.

I thought I was taking pictures of it as it was happening but I was pressing the screenshot button instead of f12. So no pics if it does happen again I'll post the pictures up.

Well I think I ran into a bug a few more tests and I'll know for sure. I was customizing at Image as Designed once done I left and found out I had been under attack for a couple minutes. I went outside and not a single person was around no attackers, no pedestrians, or saints. After the remaining 2 minutes were up I looked around and not a single person was around no parked vehicles either. Look around a little longer and found two people at a stop light but neither moved when it was green or when I shot their vehicles. I stole one of them that got a reaction of them running off scared. Drove around for awhile then was invaded again but not a single enemy showed up I couldn't even spawn my cars as it had been disabled for some time. After that I saved but I haven't reloaded that save yet.

I thought I was taking pictures of it as it was happening but I was pressing the screenshot button instead of f12. So no pics if it does happen again I'll post the pictures up.

Well yeah I've encountered this bug a couple of times and a good way to fix it is to just leave the current neighborhood you're in and shit will start to spawn again.In vanilla the same bug happened to me as well but after I used the DFA nuke,and by leaving the neighborhood the spawns started to work normally.

I think it's just something with the memory limitations regarding how many NPCs are alive at the same time.There is a NPC cap in the game and when the cap is exceeded then the game stops spawning npcs and tries to restore the situation by simply not spawning any NPCs at all.

In Random Encounters,I force the game to spawn a lot of enemies,flooding the simulation for like 5 minutes while there are also the ambient spawns such as the traffic and pedestrians which count as well to the NPC cap.This might be the reason of the streets becoming empty,the memory limit for current NPCs being alive is hit.

By looking inside the notoriety files,I could see that the more you advance in notoriety level,the less are the ambient ped and traffic spawns.The engine decreases the ped and traffic density from 100% to 80%,to 60% and so on depending on how big your notoriety level is,so the game has enough memory to spawn the hordes of enemies that come after you.In Random Encounters Mod the density of ambient spawns remains to 100%,which is bad.The next version will have a dynamic ambient spawn density so as not to remain at 100% during the random encounters.

Is the author still around? I'd like to ask if I can edit the % of the super powers disable during attack. I'm guessing it can be done, since sometimes they get disabled and sometimes don't.

Back