Question about the censored version

I noticed that my friends version of the game does in fact still contain the mission, though somehow we can co op together (or at least, we could if the aussie co op wasn't frakking awful).
Your friend as the Aussie version? On what platform? Because the mission was removed for me on PS3.

It seems really inconsistent, some people with the aussie version have the mission and some do not.

It isn't inconsistent at all. If you have the Australian version then you do not have that mission or the Rectifier. If someone has either thing then they simply do NOT own the Australian version.

Yeah, but it should automatically switch over, and we shouldn't be able to co op together, yet it hasn't and we can. Hence, the inconsistent part. It seems surprisingly common, getting hard data on just what was removed was damn near impossible before the game came out here because there were all these conflicting sources, some saying that nothing had been changed (incorrect) some saying that the mission had been altered slightly, and some saying that just the rectifier was gone. I think it's a glitch, while modding I noticed that the rectifier is still present, in fact, I imagine that if I bought the season pass I could reactivate it pretty easily.

to be honest, censorship sucks. i feel really bad for any australian saint out there. missing out on even a drop of this epic milkshake is a damn shame. my heart goes out to any saint victimized by the fucking censors.

I remember Deepsilver did put up an announcement saying that censored and uncensored version wont work together.

About the censorship thing, I think it can be bypass if the game key is bought from a store selling the normal edition or sent by someone from a non censored region as a gift. It works back then for L4D2.

Honestly censorship isn't as big of a bother as you might think, there is only one game where I felt really annoyed or affected by censorship and that L4D2. Because the game is practically unplayable with all the censors. The Shaundi mission itself was as callback mission, and other than Ben Kings recruitment mission, I didn't really like those ones, so it's not really an issue for me.

Back