NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod

What are the changes that this mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl and character.xtbl files do? The reason I am asking this is because I am trying to decide whether to use this mod's or the Random Encounter Mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl or character.xtbl files. What features of this mod will I lose if I chose to use Random Encounter Mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl or character.xtbl files?

Last edited:
I've updated this mod to work with the latest patch.

What are the changes that this mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl and character.xtbl files do? The reason I am asking this is because I am trying to decide whether to use this mod's or the Random Encounter Mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl or character.xtbl files.

If you want to see the changes I made, just extract the original xtbl files from misc_tables.vpp_pc and compare them to the modded files with Winmerge.

What are the changes that this mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl and character.xtbl files do? The reason I am asking this is because I am trying to decide whether to use this mod's or the Random Encounter Mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl or character.xtbl files. What features of this mod will I lose if I chose to use Random Encounter Mod's notoriety_spawn.xtbl or character.xtbl files?

Random encounters mod only adds like 5 new characters in character.xtbl and notoriety_spawn.xtbl has like 2 new tables added.

is there a way to modify this mod so that cops (and eventually NG and STAG soldiers) spawn instead of aliens as you get notoriety? I really disliked the aliens as free-roam enemies (story missions and activities were fine), and while I've been using Miku Hatsune's mod that lets you do exactly this, I'd also like to see the changes you make to the game with this, since the SR3 version of this mod was excellent.

Verify the game cache files in Steam, replace preload_anims.vpp_pc with the modded one (not as a "(2)" file), and run the Stream2Update program from Minimaul's SR4 tools to make sure your asm_pc files are all compatible.

wait, how do i verify the game cache files on steam?

Just copying this from some web site... here we go:
  • Right-click on the game you wish to verify and select "Properties" from the drop down menu.

• Click on the "Local Files" tab. Click on the "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache..." button. Steam will then begin to verify the game cache. This may take anywhere from a few minutes to half an hour, depending on the size and complexity of the game.

• Wait for Steam to finish verifying the cache files. The process window will automatically close when it has completed.

Back