Most annoying things in the SR Series?

I can't stand the deformation of the female player character in cutscenes, all the animations look like they were built with the generic male (I can't stand the generic man hero in media), and its completely off, and it messes up the interactions a fair bit. The way others treat your character is annoying, since I see mine as a smart bad ass, who cares about her friends, but then is undermined by some stupid cut scenes and dialogue (I don't quite understand how Kinsie was said to be a fan favorite). Still would prefer being able to determine your relationship with others, instead of throwaway gags or the same dialogue irrelevant if your a hideous monster or not. Shaundi, Asha, Viola and Oleg were characters I liked from the new games (I didn't actually know Saints Row existed until the third was announced, and 2 was too dated by the time I tried to play it), so its fairly annoying seeing how their undermined.

I'm really unsure if Deep Silver is a good publisher, Metro seems to be great, but they bought it at the last moment, they ruined Sacred, they released one of the worst games of the generation, they release the really poor Risen games, and they milked Dead Island in awful manner (I'm quite looking forward to Yager's game, but who thought Escape From Dead Island was good?). They haven't had any chance to prove themselves, and its frustrating going onto a Saints Row video where the comments are all about how its childish or that the graphics are garbage or that it's pathetic yadayadayada.

Darn, okay so I love things in these games so much, its hard to not get frustrated by the lacking areas.

Last edited:
The development from SR:TT to SRIV...

In hindsight I can't be happy about it.
Way too many things got toned down.
Females only have one persona in the vanilla game... like really.

When you want to mod the game, you'll see that too many things got toned down.
Skybox, traffic, notoriety spawns, to name a few.

Cars have less components too, why did you do that to one of the best vehicles you've ever created in the game Volition, why did you turn the Compensator into that abomination? You took away the best parts of the truck's customizability (the single sided stack exhausts for one) and replaced it with steps, a new hood, and some other things that can't compare to what it was.
Oh, and car decals don't count for components.

Last edited:
A lot of SR3 car part mods are hideous. I enjoyed the option to make some sedans and sports into open-top, but...

some cars like Zimos, Nelson, etc. has ugly, cheap, made-in-china design on bumpers, hoods, and exhaust parts - and also the logo. Torch wins the ugliest logo ever.

In IV, these cars are no longer there and those which stays like Torch, Temptress, etc. has better modificationsnow.

Good to know the cars are improved. Hopefully can be improved more.

A lot of SR3 car part mods are hideous. I enjoyed the option to make some sedans and sports into open-top, but...

some cars like Zimos, Nelson, etc. has ugly, cheap, made-in-china design on bumpers, hoods, and exhaust parts - and also the logo. Torch wins the ugliest logo ever.

In IV, these cars are no longer there and those which stays like Torch, Temptress, etc. has better modificationsnow.

Good to know the cars are improved. Hopefully can be improved more.
Cosmos has the ugliest customization of the game in my opinion. Solar also has like 2 options per part, which also is a shame.

SRIV is fucking annoying to me but, i can't even say this here, there's a fucking oppressor moderator here

Speaking of vehicles and weapons it's downright odd that again, even though SR4 uses the exact same engine as it's predecessor they removed a ton of vehicles such as the original Taxi model, Condor and even of all things Boats, the Specter has some seriously bugged animations, grenades were removed, some pretty neat weapons from SR3 such as the RC Gun or UAV were removed and replaced with "peashooter knockoff of the Minigun (Laser Arm)" and "harder to use version of the grenade launcher (Mine-Layer)".

What interests me is that they even bothered to put cars in the game in the first place since you get Super Speed and Glide mere minutes into the game. The former which goes much faster than the vehicles.

SRIV is fucking annoying to me but, i can't even say this here, there's a fucking oppressor moderator here
There is? Nice to know. :) You can say what you dislike about SRIV all you like, just don't make it a personal attack on someone, and keep it on topic!

Edit: in all seriousness, yes, an odd thing did happen and I took care of it. You don't need to bring it up again and again.

Back