Most annoying things in the SR Series?

Has there been anything in the series that irritated or bothered you?
In my opinion some things that bug me story and gameplay wise in the series.
1. Gaping Plot-Holes: (Meanwhile at Volition HQ, Champaign, Il, US). Volition Writer: "WHAT THE FUCK IS A DEX!?"
2. Ragdoll Physics: Although it was thankfully toned down a bit in SR3 and SR4 it's possesses a massive threat to the player in SR2 even if you try to be careful. Melee weapons, explosives getting ran over or being hit stray debris can easily ragdoll the player. Unfortunately it takes a while to get back up and on high notoriety enemies and in plenty of cases civilians for some odd reason will actively try to run you over.
3. Useless Weapons: Well not entirely useless but there has been many weapons in the series that just aren't worth the effort. Like why would I use the AR-55 when I have two better options in the form of the Krukov and Viper? Why is this high-tech anti-gravity cannon outclassed by an RPG from 1995? Why is a "powerful" alien-made SMG useless when compared to an MP5 or MAC-10?
4. Awkward Shotgun Animations: While this one might come off as a little nit-picky hear me out. While the hip-fire animations work great on some shotguns (Gravedigger, AS14, Tak Streetsweeper and that one Wunder-Waffe Expy from SR4) it looks extremely awkward on most of the other shotguns in SR4.

Last edited:
Stumbling in Saints Row IV.

I hate how a maximum-strength badass president of the united states with super powers still stumbles when punched. It's pathetic and annoying.

Something i hate is like : Zinyak is dead, we control the zin empire so why we stay on that shitty spaceship ? Zinyak has the power to build and destroy what he want so after whe kill him, why we don't use that power ? Why the other saints have a different space suit and some clothing related to them (Gat's glasses and shoes, King's scarf ...) and we can't have that ? These things mainly annoy me.

Don't know which one is more annoying.
1. Murderbots
2. That hoverbike-riding alien who got invisible wall in their face
3. Planes sometimes got engine failure and drop vertically
4. SR3's elites
5. SR3 radio transmitter mission. Shaundi failed the mission many times because she keeps spinning to dodge bullets then plunged out of the window.

Don't know which one is more annoying.
1. Murderbots
2. That hoverbike-riding alien who got invisible wall in their face
3. Planes sometimes got engine failure and drop vertically
4. SR3's elites
5. SR3 radio transmitter mission. Shaundi failed the mission many times because she keeps spinning to dodge bullets then plunged out of the window.
I actually kinda liked the Elites from SR3 (with sole exception of those damned Luchadore Grenadiers). As for the SR4 Elites, well let's just say there's a reason why most of the NPC mods for SR4 completely erase the Wardens and Murderbots.

Last edited:
Warning: A lot of complaining courtesy of me:

• Riding bikes. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've careened out of control and slammed into something which sent the Boss flying through the air. It's just...awful. I barely use them at all.

• No Latina/African-American female Boss voice. There are some players who liked to play their Latina Fem!Boss or their African-American Fem!Boss, but in Saints Row the Third, the latter group were stuck with Russian!voiced Boss, and Saints Row IV, both parties were stuck with either French!voiced Boss or Southerner!voiced Boss. Sure it can be explained that at some point the Boss went to get her voiced changed (for some reason), but still, I can imagine there were some players who were upset they weren't able to take their canon Latina/African-American Fem!Boss and go beat up Zinyak.

• Plot holes that make no sense even for Saints Row. For instance, why would the Boss just forget about Dex? Or in the climax of Saints Row the Third, why didn't the Boss just send some of his/her cronies to go rescue Shaundi/kill Killbane while he/she did the other thing?

Saints Row IV hyping the game as you playing the President of the US, then shooting it down when the Earth gets blown up. This was the perfect opportunity to poke fun of movies such as Independence Day, and they blew it.

• The fact that Pierce looks radically different in Saints Row IV compared to what he looked like in Saints Row the Third, and the other characters from the previous game look exactly the same! Why did they change Pierce?

I think I just found the most annoying: Zombies in SR3.

I thought there's no 'real world monster' crap in SR3. I hope the zombie part don't last long.

While I appreciated the gameplay elements in SR2, I found it the least fun to play of the major games, because...
* Car handling sucked (in the PC version, at least.)
* Way, way too much walking around. You can get lost really, really easily; I spent half an hour trying to figure out how to get out of the damn mall. And in the 'wander around the dock caves' bit. Having to wind your way around in the cavern hideout wasn't too fun, either.
* Graphics kinda sucked. Clothes were OK, but Body As Designed left you appearing as various states of potato.
* God, that menu interface. Awful.

And speaking of graphics and interface:
* in SR4, you have to go back to the real world, walk down to the computer, select the "slightly less glitchy environment with an ambiguous name", trot back upstairs, go back into SimSteelport with the tunnel animation, and wait five-ten seconds for the game to rez up the changes you've wrought. Only to find that the change you made wasn't what you intended, and you have to back and lather, rinse, repeat. Why couldn't Kinzie or Matt put that into my cellphone?

Back