misc_tables.vpp back up

I have the glitch were i have fire damage lvl 4 but still having fire damage. I search the net for a solution, and some said to edit the unlockable.xtbl file, in misc_tables. So i downloaded the minimaul extractor. Extracted all the files from misc_files. Edited unlockable.xtbl. Compressed and put it back in the game. But i did not make a back up of the untouched one. Now i am here.

Okay, first of all don't do that. You never want to compress files back into a vpp archive ever unless there is a very specific reason to, like preloading. The way saints row modding works for SRTT and SRIV is that you extract the table files, edit them, then move the new tables into the root of your install where the game exe is.

If you verified integrity on Steam like I told you then it already replaced your misc_tables.vpp_pc with the original one. Nobody has to upload anything for you.

Dr. Hate, verifying the integrity on Steam should have re-downloaded a new version of Misc_Tables.xtbl if it doesn't match what Steam server thinks it should be.

If you're concerned that it's not overwriting your modified copy, you can try deleting the file completely from your packfiles\pc\cache folder and then tell it to verify integrity again.
Also, check your Saints Row IV folder and make sure that you don't have any other mods installed that may be causing the issue you're seeing.

If that still doesn't work, please post screenshots of both your Saints Row IV and packfiles\pc\cache folders so we can validate the files within.

Now it is the 6th time I do the integrity check up. Like I said, I do not have mods.

full
full

If i'm understanding right...
You're back to the state you were in before you edited anything. So now your only problem is this glitch of "fire damage lvl 4 but still having fire damage". You want to fix that by removing that upgrade from the game, then saving, then adding it back in, sounds like (I don't know whether that works.). So when you edit the xtbl file, just put it in the sr4 directory, not in a subfolder, and not repacked into the vpp file. When you save, be sure to do it in a new file or overwriting an old one you don't want.

So you did not understand lol. Before I edited unlockable.xtbl, I had almost every thing. But, like many others, I did a challenge that reward me fire damage lvl 4 BEFORE buying lvl 1 2 or 3. Then i bought the other lvl, so the lvl 4, which is no fire damage, has been kind of overwritten by the other lvl. So I tought I could patch it myself. When i finished editing unlockable.xtbl and return to the game, my powers and abilities were messed up.
full
full
full
6aboecccf
. They want me to buy everthing again, but I dont have many cluster left, and I collected all of them. And some things like the miller collectible finder is missing from my map option. Tell me if things aren't clear, english is not my main language. Thanks

Okay, but if you remove the mod (delete loose .xtbl files and verify integrity to restore the original vpp_pc files) and load a save file from before you started modding, then it's impossible for your powers and abilities to be messed up, still. So if that's the case, i think you've missed some loose mod files in your SR4 folder, or you've loaded a modified save file. (The Autosave is a bad choice, for example.)

Thanks for that slap in the face..... I always loaded the game with the continue button. If I load a real savegame, the game is perfectly fine :), thanks corrodias.

Still, do someone know how to repair the fire bug?

do someone know how to repair the fire bug?
Most simple fix I'm guessing would be to change the values of the tier 1-3 upgrades so they negate all damage like the tier 4 upgrade does.

Same process as you did before. Extract the unlockables.xtbl file, and alter the values for those upgrades. Only this time, put the file in the SR4 root folder instead of re-packing it into the game files, so it's easily reversible by just deleting the file. Make sure to make a backup file before testing it, though.

Back