Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
And is better not leave people to play the game because autosave (broken savegames) for a few people cant use some cloths DLCS?...
Really these people are playing with a broken game, can broken savegames with these new DLCS?

You need to relax. They are systematically working on fixing the problems.

The Presidential pack was a bonus from Gamestop for picking up your pre-ordered game within 48 hours of release.
I'm not sure where the Grass Roots pack is from, but I'm sure it's something similar.

Grass Roots is a new dlc. It was not a preorder bonus from anywhere.

Still, At least Volition have actually said they're working to fix the problem. While this should of never of happened in the first place I at least take some comfort in the knowledge that they're working to fix things. I've seen a couple of games where stuff like this went unpatched for months with no word on the developer on whether or not they were even aware of the problems that people were having.

Grass Roots is a new dlc. It was not a preorder bonus from anywhere.

Interesting.
When/If Aubrey gives you your key for it, you'll have to let me know how it is.. :p

The Presidential pack was a bonus from Gamestop for picking up your pre-ordered game within 48 hours of release.
I'm not sure where the Grass Roots pack is from, but I'm sure it's something similar.

I got the "You are missing Downloadable Content that was previously available." message before I bought the above 2 DLC packages even.

Still, At least Volition have actually said they're working to fix the problem. While this should of never of happened in the first place I at least take some comfort in the knowledge that they're working to fix things. I've seen a couple of games where stuff like this went unpatched for months with no word on the developer on whether or not they were even aware of the problems that people were having.

True. Although...

Oh, so this was the reason why the violator had turned into a second baseball bat on my game I guess?
I didn't really notice anything else broken though.

Everybody makes mistakes, but releasing a patch that breaks the game and after that releasing another one that only adds on-disk DLC (which I have nothing against, by the way) is kind of a huge kick in the balls for my confidence don't you think?

I just want to highlight the "on-disk DLC" thing and raise a point: this isn't "on-disk" in the normal sense. This isn't content which the game shipped with that we were arbitrarily locked out of. This is content which was produced after the fact and made available for separate purchase.

It's new content. The only reason people who didn't buy it get the resources for some of it is so people who don't have the DLC can play with people who do. That's a good thing.

And is better not leave people to play the game because autosave (broken savegames) for a few people cant use some cloths DLCS?...
Really these people are playing with a broken game, can broken savegames with these new DLCS?
I bought the season pass, so I got that DLC installed immediately whether I wanted it or not. If I'd saved my game after the patch, Volition removing the DLC would completely break it. COMPLETELY, as in unrecoverable, cannot play anymore, start a new game buddy.

For all the problems with the patch now, at least you can play the game. It's functional, if a little wonky. Removing the DLC support would make the game completely non-functional for some people.

Strange thing on my end, I never even saw this 688 MB patch, there was a 7.8 on when I started playing this morning.
Then a had a crash about and hour ago [in the menus at Rim Jobs]. Reloaded, got the 'missing DLC message', restarted Steam and verified my files, getting another 7.8 MB, loaded, got the missing DLC message, looked through my menus, saw all my DLC accounted for, noticed the new DLC, bought those, then went to look at the new gun and noticed this issue with double copies of a few weapons.
I can say that my weapons were fine before the crash because I had just left Friendly Fire doing some customization before jogging over to Rim Jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back