Kills made with Death From Above - Nuke do not count for DFA challenge

I got several DFA kills last night while using a modified tweak_table that allows for low level nukes.

Managed to get a large Nuke kill the other day, took a lot of attempts though to hit while there were people existing. It was pretty awesome though.
Besides tweaking the Nuke height, do we have the means to extend the "stay spawned" distance?

I think the problem is that the enemies that count are despawning, not that the nuke kills don't count. In the mission where you must clear the platforms and defend the portals, I nuked those platforms, and all the kills counted as DFA kills.

Edit: I believe that the kill description in the upper right corner showed "explosive kill" in this case as well, but the achievement/challenge tracker incremented the DFA count.

I've had multiple instances of DFA Nuke triggering and showing a rather impressive number of Explosive Kills, but when I checked the challenge progress I saw no change. If it is counting Nuke kills then it does it only infrequently, and badly at that.

I've had multiple instances of DFA Nuke triggering and showing a rather impressive number of Explosive Kills, but when I checked the challenge progress I saw no change. If it is counting Nuke kills then it does it only infrequently, and badly at that.

I tested it out on the platforms again, and it was showing the nuke kills as DFA kills, not explosive. I think what happens when you nuke a street is that the NPCs that respawn in the area are killed by exploding cars, thus you see a whole bunch of explosive kills.

Whenever I nuke an area that's guaranteed to be populated when the nuke goes off, I get the DFA kills.

I tested it out on the platforms again, and it was showing the nuke kills as DFA kills, not explosive. I think what happens when you nuke a street is that the NPCs that respawn in the area are killed by exploding cars, thus you see a whole bunch of explosive kills.

Whenever I nuke an area that's guaranteed to be populated when the nuke goes off, I get the DFA kills.

Well that's another weird thing then, because the only kills that count towards the DFA kill challenge for me are alien kills. Pedestrian and even Police/Military kills don't count, even if I don't go from Nuke height. ONLY alien kills count.

Well that's another weird thing then, because the only kills that count towards the DFA kill challenge for me are alien kills. Pedestrian and even Police/Military kills don't count, even if I don't go from Nuke height. ONLY alien kills count.
For the challenge, yeah, it is just counting the Alien Kills for that. There are some issues with Nuke not counting/getting kills those kills though.

Anything "living" that comes out of a portal should count.

Yeah, some of the challenges only count "alien" kills (enemy gang members count as aliens, as well as some other NPCs) but not police or military. The disintegration gun challenge is another example.

You'll notice that most of the challenges are restricted to 'Alien Kills', or simply aliens in the case of things like the Taunt Challenge.

Back