Kills made with Death From Above - Nuke do not count for DFA challenge

If you take the Nuke skill for Death From Above the resulting kills you get with it will NOT be counted as Death From Above kills, but rather as Explosive kills. This makes it significantly more difficult to complete the DFA kill challenge if you haven't already, since Nuke triggers once you're at or above ideal kill height.

I noticed this also. A real pain if you ask me. Perhaps there's a way to expand the range and increase the damage done by the regular DFA maneuver?

Its easy to grind out the DFA kills in the superpowered fightclub though, just do the hard one, and when you get to the king of the hill round, just freeze and DFA them.. poof, 5 mins tops.

Didn't really bother me since most enemies de-spawn before I land the nuke... <<< that however is a problem.
That depends how high you jump above,if you are at the minimum height distance to do the nuke blast then the enemies will not despawn,only the portals.

That depends how high you jump above,if you are at the minimum height distance to do the nuke blast then the enemies will not despawn,only the portals.

Enemies usually de-spawn even before I reach the minimum nuke height, then portals appear on the nearest roof and they spawn there.

Generally, I'm rarely finding any enemies at the bottom of a Nuke strike. They despawn, so I can't say for certain that Nuke doesn't count so much as that it can't hit anything. You can blow up the busiest part of town and earn zero Notoriety because you didn't kill anything because no people were there until after you nuked.
I have been finding getting the DFA kills to be a pain though, it only seems to count direct or near direct hits and DFA, it will register the other Alien Kills from your DFA attack, but not count them toward the total.

I will have to test this with the lowered requirements that I have in my settings.

Wait, 'explosive kills' don't count as kills with the power?!

FSCK. No WONDER I haven't been able to get the 'I am Become Death' achievement! It seems the same thing also applies to the fire blast when you have the explosive upgrade, because I KNOW I've killed a lot of guys more than it thinks. I thought it was just wacky detection, but no, it is saying "Explosive Kill" on the side. :mad:

Uhm. I guess that's a more general issue. The upgrades break the challenges/achievements because the kills are no longer considered "by the super power".

I think the problem is that the enemies that count are despawning, not that the nuke kills don't count. In the mission where you must clear the platforms and defend the portals, I nuked those platforms, and all the kills counted as DFA kills.

Edit: I believe that the kill description in the upper right corner showed "explosive kill" in this case as well, but the achievement/challenge tracker incremented the DFA count.

Last edited:
Back