Joe's Tacticool Weapons!

I kind of like it being silly, but I can understand wanting it to be something that's more... serious. I can look into changing it more when we have a better understanding on how to do model swaps and what not. I have no mesh editing experiences... but MAYBE there's a way I could swap it with a different weapon model, change the firing animation, and swap out the octo-projectiles with something along the lines of a stun grenade.

Yo joe Still Uzing your mod and what not. Really enjoying the gold plated lookin' pistols. Fits one of my Characters Very well. I was wondering. You thought about Makin' Platinum weapons like from the first Saints row? Skin wise I mean. Also I probably Already know the Answer to this , but is it possible to shave off the top of the Gravedigger's Barrel to make it look like a Double barrel shotty with the finale upgrade?

Hi Joe. I encountered an issue when trying to use your mod. I liked some of your reskins, didn't like others. So I tried to pick and choose, and didn't install the skins I didn't like. This seems to break the mod, though. Whenever I switch to a weapon I didn't install the files for, it causes all of the other weapons to revert back to their original skins. And then bad things happen, like the game hangs the next time I try to open a crib/weapon store/etc, it just sits there with no HUD without opening the [whatever menu] I tried to access. Is there a way to get around this?

Also the mesh for the police shotgun's mag doesn't seem to work. I load the game and it's still using the vanilla level 4 mag. Maybe this is because I'm loading saves with the level 4 shotty already unlocked?

I'm going on a whim here as I don't have the mod installed for SRTT but me thinks it's because the ASM files included only work if all the skins are in the root folder. Since you only put some of the reskins, you'll have to update it yourself using this.

That's what I feared. Modding the mod is digging deeper than I want to go at this point, so I'll probably uninstall it for now.
Also I had another question while installing, the readme says to, and I quote:

2. Select black or gold hand gun files, drag and drop. DO NOT MIX UP THE ASM'S!
3. Optional, add the Mesh Mod folder.

I'm not sure whether he means to take the Handgun_* and MeshModifications folders and put them in the SR3 directory, or if I'm supposed to take the files out of those folders and put them in the SR3 directory.

I'm not sure whether he means to take the Handgun_* and MeshModifications folders and put them in the SR3 directory, or if I'm supposed to take the files out of those folders and put them in the SR3 directory.
You put the files in the root folder

Gabe is correct, the instruction is meant for you to add said files to the directory. I separated all the parts of the mod up to allow for installation options.

I seem to have encountered a bug. The laser pistol (Gangstas In Space DLC weapon; made permanent by Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance Mod) does not appear in the character's hands, and its shots appear to be coming from below the character. Screenshots:
saintsrowthethird_dx11 2013-11-22 17-29-44-76 no guns.jpg saintsrowthethird_dx11 2013-11-22 17-30-15-37 no guns.jpg

I'm using all the files within WeaponsTextures, HandGun_Black and MeshModifications directories, except the items_3d.xtbl file (conflict with Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance Mod). I did try including this mod's items_3d.xtbl, overwriting Weapon Re-Balance Mod's, but the bug still happens with it, so that's probably not the cause of this issue.

I've also tried including it in my GoS installation (by putting it in the `1-MY_EXTRA_MODS` folder), but the issue persists.

The new textures of this mod show up fine for all the other guns I've tried, though. I'm not using use any other weapon retexturing mod (this mod's files did not overwrite any other mods' files, except Weapon Re-Balance, if items_3d.xtbl is included). I'm using the clothing texture mods: SRTT Shiny Clothes and Steelport Gang DLC fixes.

EDIT: Good news, everyone. The laser pistol is now visible again. I found a workaround: I removed all files in the MeshModifications folder, leaving only the files in the HandGun_Black and WeaponsTextures folders. If anyone knows of a solution that can leave in the meshes of the MeshModifications folder and keep the laser pistol visible, let me know.

Last edited:
Back