Joe's Tacticool Weapons!

Next time you find the solution, there's an edit button which you can use. ;)
Though it's good to see that you found the solution yourself.

I have read in BadMadScientist's mod post (All weapons in free roam) that we could speriment some issue using that mod with yours one; I'm just wondering if the problem is actually gone or if it's still present.

If it isn't solved yet it could be a problem: i love your texture, and is mod seems also amazing, damn! I hate having to choose between them :D

I have read in BadMadScientist's mod post (All weapons in free roam) that we could speriment some issue using that mod with yours one; I'm just wondering if the problem is actually gone or if it's still present.

If it isn't solved yet it could be a problem: i love your texture, and is mod seems also amazing, damn! I hate having to choose between them :D
I'll try to give this issue a closer look as well, if you don't mind :) At first glance such incompatibility shouldn't be that hard to overcome but after hitting preload memory limits I'm not really that eager to post judgments...

Hey guys, just a word of advice, if you want to use Bad Mad's mod and mine together, don't install the following files from my mod.

items_3d.xtbl
items_preload_containers.asmpc
Shotgun-Police_ClipB.str2c
Shotgun-Police_Clipc.str2c

These files are really poorly done edits to make the shotgun use the drum mag. I am working on a slight compatability patch, but FOR NOW, the best thing to do is to install my mod and skip these for files that will be in the "MeshModifications" folder. These interfere with the Sandbox mod really bad, but the good news is that the weapons textures don't.

If I'm not wrong, you have in your plans to reskin alien weapons (I think I've read something similar in All Weapons In Freerom thread); if I'm right I would suggest to make them white with blue details: in this way they would fit aliens skin as well as STAG weapons (I dunno about you, but when I play like an alien I'd like to use only laser weapons for a better immersion in that role). Anyway it's just a suggestion; I like your skins, so make that fitting your taste :)

Right now I'm debating on some little ideas, but I'm sitting on 2 primary issues.

1. Texture pathing for changing models still seems vague to me. In some games it simply goes to the original texture for that models in others its a scripted path that uses that specific texture for that model.

2. Trying to incorporate BadMad's mod into mine properly so that there's no major conflicting. I don't want to write out his mod, but I also would hate to make a subpar copy of its abilities.

Outside of that its a whole slew of ideas that I'm not sure about. This might actually allow me to revert the taser to its original texture, as the stungun was really fine as it was, the STAG pistol was a proof of concept I suppose. What I would like to try is replacing the Laser Pistols model with the STAG pistol I made, then redoing the weapon functions to make it function like a STAG weapon. IE; Giving it the red muzzle effect, recharge, etc. Making it upgradable would be a crapshoot, as again, that falls into ShitFace's territory.

SO BASICALLY! I want to change up the GiS weapons, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes inadvertently.

What I would like to try is replacing the Laser Pistols model with the STAG pistol I made, then redoing the weapon functions to make it function like a STAG weapon. IE; Giving it the red muzzle effect, recharge, etc.
That's sounds amazing to me :D

I'll wait patiently until you'll find your way and release an upgrade of your mod; in the meanwhile I promise I won't annoy you anymore :)
Thanks for your reply and for the explanation as well!

Its all good, I'm glad the mod has actually retained popularity. I've modded for a lot of games, but this one seems to be the one that really stuck, and that to me feels like an accomplishment. :D

I was wondering.. have you planned also to reskin the octopus launcher? It's a cool weapon, but its aspect is redicolous ATM.
If I have to convert civillian in kamikaze slaves I would like to use some badass cannon and not a super liquidator that throw octopus!
As always it's just a suggestion :)

Back