Is anyone else still getting the weapon upgrades disappearing bug?

My game is saving my upgrades just fine, but I can't upgrade Penetrator or Rectifer. There's a mod that one of the staff made that fixes that issue but when I've used it I seem to crash.
I'll wait until it's patched officially, no offense to him though it works for loads of other people.

My game is saving my upgrades just fine, but I can't upgrade Penetrator or Rectifer. There's a mod that one of the staff made that fixes that issue but when I've used it I seem to crash.
I'll wait until it's patched officially, no offense to him though it works for loads of other people.
Some people are reporting better results using version 1 of Mini's Patch-Mod. Try it and see if it helps.

Oof, that's not good. I Used the new weapons tables in the patch and tried it out on a post patch save and it had zero effect, but I loaded a pre patch save and then saved it and loaded it worked fine. Sorry man I'm not sure what else to tell ya.

It's OK I'm not far into this playthrough, I'll start again, thanks for trying to help.

Edit: Starting a new game didn't fix it, I wish I'd switched the updates off in Steam, my game was fine when I first bought it.

Last edited:
Jim, are you using any Mods at all?
Try removing them, if you are, and see if that helps.

Jim, are you using any Mods at all?
Try removing them, if you are, and see if that helps.

I removed the game folder and had Steam download it again, I did that to make sure everything was removed, I've learned from experience with Bethesdas games that removing them in the normal fashion tends to leave the mods behind. I've given up worrying about it, I'm on my third playthrough so I've played the game as it was meant to be played and I'm just playing with mods now, it's not like a lack of upgrades is going to leave me underpowered or anything.

That's odd.
That error you're seeing is usually caused by a Mod that's using an un-patched file.
If you removed all your mods and even went so far as to re-install the game and you're still having issues, then I don't even know where to begin.

You could try attaching your save-game to your post and perhaps Volition QA could use it to try and track it down.

That's odd.
That error you're seeing is usually caused by a Mod that's using an un-patched file.
If you removed all your mods and even went so far as to re-install the game and you're still having issues, then I don't even know where to begin.

You could try attaching your save-game to your post and perhaps Volition QA could use it to try and track it down.

It's very odd, I'm usually quite good at tracking these problems down. I've been using mods since Morrowind so I'm used to them breaking things, that's why removing them was the first thing I did, sadly this isn't mod related. I don't think I have a mod free save to send to them, I had a clear out to make sure I didn't load a bugged save by mistake, I've since loaded all of the mods I was using back in. I'm not going to dwell on it, it's something I can easily live with and worrying about it only spoils the game. Thanks for trying to help though.

I am getting this bug and it's downright annoying. I tried all these various fixes and so far nothing has helped. I hope the people of Volition/Deep Silver read this because I hope they patch up this problem real soon.

I've tried to load older saves and downloaded older mods and even some newer 'fixed' mods... and nothing is helping to fix this issue for me. It's kind of driving me crazy right now.

I am getting this bug and it's downright annoying. I tried all these various fixes and so far nothing has helped. I hope the people of Volition/Deep Silver read this because I hope they patch up this problem real soon.

I've tried to load older saves and downloaded older mods and even some newer 'fixed' mods... and nothing is helping to fix this issue for me. It's kind of driving me crazy right now.
So you and Jim_UK are both having trouble. That's is not good. Well I hate to ask ,but have you loaded an old save without the mods? Try saving in a new slot and then loading it without mods. If you're using an old weapons mod that's probably the cause. Sorry for the repeat answer.

To add: By older saves I mean anything before the first patch. If you saved Post patch then that data might be corrupted.

Back