Inside Volition: Saints Row Undercover

So, if it's a development that was cancelled, could volition potentially use that game to make another game out of it? It looks as if it uses the same engine as SR2. I'm not a programmer at all, but if it is a developmental thing and if it uses the same engine as SR2, could it be used to create more content for SR2 on the PC? I'm always told that the proper tools aren't available for SR2, but now with this thing could there potentially be a tool or something to expand mods?

So, if it's a development that was cancelled, could volition potentially use that game to make another game out of it? It looks as if it uses the same engine as SR2. I'm not a programmer at all, but if it is a developmental thing and if it uses the same engine as SR2, could it be used to create more content for SR2 on the PC? I'm always told that the proper tools aren't available for SR2, but now with this thing could there potentially be a tool or something to expand mods?

Sorry to crush your dreams, but...

If we had any intention to do anything with it then we would never have released anything. Also, it's a completely different engine created by a third party for a platform that we don't develop on. Not to mention we don't have ANYTHING other than the iso and docs since it was all handled out of house.

If we had any intention to do anything with it then we would never have released anything. Also, it's a completely different engine created by a third party for a platform that we don't develop on. Not to mention we don't have ANYTHING other than the iso and docs since it was all handled out of house.
What about the Beta for SR3? Does Volition still own the software or did it go down with THQ during the corporate meltdown?

Could this ISO ever be released... I could load it on my dev kit :D

Question is this moddable (Easy 1-2 or Hard like 3-4) cause if so...why are we modding games like Saints Row 3 and 4 that can't be modded like GTA or Skyrim.

On Top of that PPSSPP runs PSP games pretty well and I think the reason why GTA Series runs slow compared to games like Valkyrie Chronicles 2 is because Valkyrie Chronicles 2 has Data Install, but GTA Series needs Drawing Distance...something I've seen GTA SA do for PC and certain games do for Android and for once people need to focus on Content & Gameplay and less graphics...wow Looks are starting to make bad impressions.

On top of that I think IdolNinja and Community should gather together and buy it (Rights and all) and then make it an Open Source OS-like Game that people can easily add content to their hearts content.

According to Android & Mobile World
- There isn't a really good customization character besides GTA: SA or StyleMe Girl
- Moddable Mobile game like GMod (There one that comes close) besides MineCraft, Terraria and probably games I don't know
- Funny though there was never a good Zombie Shooter on PSP besides Infected...but with cars it would have been better...wasted opportunity

Last edited:
Back