Saints Row IV I wish there was Lin DLC for Saints Row IV

upload_2020-2-28_22-24-12.png
upload_2020-2-28_22-26-20.png
upload_2020-2-28_22-29-27.png
upload_2020-2-28_22-28-0.png

After the events of Saints Row, I was disappointed that Lin died, as she seemed like a rather interesting character.

I then moved onto Saints Row 2, and after meeting Shaundi, I was like: "Lin who?"

Then in Saints Row The Third, Shaundi prettied up for the cameras, which distracted Gat from flying the plane, resulting in his death... So I lost all interest in the game.

Then I moved onto Saints Row IV, where Shaundi developed a Virtual Split Personality, allowing Fun Shaundi to return. Then shortly after, I found out that Zinyak took control of Gat's plane and flew it back to his ship. Which made me wonder who the hell I was calling up, to one-punch my enemies into oblivion, in SRTT.

But that got me thinking, Gat's death was off-camera, and was therefore... Unconfirmed. Well, Lin's death was also off-camera... So I played through the campaign, hoping that, like Gat, it would eventually be revealed that Lin was still alive, and aboard the Zin Ship... Nope.

I then waited for DLC to start becoming available. And when I saw Donnie on the cover of ETD... I thought, there's no way they would release DLC containing Donnie, if it didn't contain Lin... Wrong again.

My eventual point is...

It's now been several years since the release of Saints Row IV, and the DLC has stopped coming, but if a Lin DLC pack was possible for SRIV, all I'd need to be satisfied is:

• A Cutscene: Explaining Lin's miraculous survival, only to be abducted by Zinyak
  • A Nightmare Mission: Where you enter Lin's Nightmare Simulation to rescue her
  • A Rescue Mission: Where you fight your way through the Zin Ship to rescue Lin
  • A Crew Position: So Lin would appear somewhere aboard the Saints Ship (probably the Lockers opposite Gat), so you can interact with her, and have a romance with her
  • A few Homie Idle Lines: So it doesn't feel like I just have some lifeless follower with no personality (Aka. Josh Birk & Nyte Blayde)
  • And finally, a Loyalty Mission: Where Lin gains her Super Powers

If this was a possibility, I would definitely pay for it.

Last edited:
1) programs for convert player morphs to ped morphs not exist. You can only playing by lin recreated in IaD.

2)watch how made mission files and try write new

Well also you can try resuiting some ped with Asian morph in lin wear.

Lins model is not in sr2. You would have to convert, but even if you could its not aloud here since that's stealing game assets. There are ways to rip your created player model out of the game I think, not to sure, but that would require tools to convert the created model to a actualy model usable by the game which is tools we don't have or this would have been done long ago as well as numerous other model imports. So sorry to crush your dreams it's just not feasible at this time.

But also as qwerty said you could just take a asian ped and modify there npc data to wear look alike lin clothing and have that npc as a homie to call, but you would have to use the npc crunch tool.

1) programs for convert player morphs to ped morphs not exist. You can only playing by lin recreated in IaD.

2)watch how made mission files and try write new

Well also you can try resuiting some ped with Asian morph in lin wear.

"watch how made mission files and try write new". I am not actually skilled enough to make my own mods.

I would have posted this in SR2 Mod Requests, but I don't know how to move my posts over there.

As for a your "Asian Ped wearing Lin's attire", I would totally accept that.

I just think that, like Johnny Gat, her death was off camera and therefore is just a rumour. I would love to see Lin modded into the Campaigns of SR2, SRTT, and SRIV (Even if it's just 1 mission per game)

Last edited:
I would love to see Lin modded into the Campaigns of SR2, SRTT, and SRIV (Even if it's just 1 mission per game)

So far only SRIV and SRTT can be done. Why? Lin model is in SR4 and can be ported to SR3.

Missions on the newer games cant be created, but you can swap one homie model used through the main story.

So far only SRIV and SRTT can be done. Why? Lin model is in SR4 and can be ported to SR3.

Missions on the newer games cant be created, but you can swap one homie model used through the main story.

For the stories in both SRTT & SRIV to maintain any form of historical accuracy, Lin would have to replace Shaundi, because Lin is already in the Saints, and does not join them while in Steelport.

It would also make sense to have Lin replace Shaundi, because as an original member of the Saints, Lin would react in the same way Shaundi did when Gat "died" aboard the plane. And vengeance would drive her to fight the Syndicate, just as Julius said that Gat would be calling for blood after Lin died.

The first half of Lin's Nightmare would make total sense, grieving over Gat... But Lin being held hostage by VC would be very questionable. Unless VC was replaced by William Sharp? But who would eject themselves from Lin's body during the cutscene... Unless Lin ejects from Lin's body?

Then their's Lin's Loyalty Mission, I really don't know how that could be modded to make any form of sense.

Could she just be added in to both games as an extra Homie?

Last edited:
An interesting concept. In order to be incorporated fully, however, it would take recording tons of dialogue for her and merely replacing Shaundi would toss continuity right into a wood chipper.

An interesting concept. In order to be incorporated fully, however, it would take recording tons of dialogue for her and merely replacing Shaundi would toss continuity right into a wood chipper.
Love the analogy, by the way.

From my latest rewrite of my original post, ideally, I think I'm looking for some sort of Lin DLC. But with SR2 & SRTT being so old now, that would be extremely unlikely. Even SRIV is getting on in years.

But if a Lin DLC pack was possible for SRIV, all I'd need to be satisfied is:

• A Cutscene: Explaining Lin's miraculous survival, only to be abducted by Zinyak
  • A Nightmare Mission: Where you enter Lin's Nightmare Simulation to rescue her
  • A Rescue Mission: Where you fight your way through the Zin Ship to rescue Lin
  • A Crew Position: So Lin would appear somewhere aboard the Saints Ship (probably the Lockers opposite Gat), so you can interact with her, and have a romance with her
  • A few Homie Idle Lines: So it doesn't feel like I just have some lifeless follower with no personality (Aka. Josh Birk & Nyte Blayde)
  • And finally, a Loyalty Mission: Where Lin gains her Super Powers

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it was an DLC or part from the story, but in the beta of SRIV there was a mission about saving Lin with Donnie, with Lin as homie and dialogues, this video shows some cuts of SRIV.

Edit: it would be cool your idea

I'm not sure if it was an DLC or part from the story, but in the beta of SRIV there was a mission about saving Lin with Donnie, with Lin as homie and dialogues, this video shows some cuts of SRIV.

Edit: it would be cool your idea
See, even that video doesn't sound too convincing. If Lin already died for real in Saints Row, how could the Boss and Donnie save her in Saints Row IV? Unless this was Donnie's Nightmare, and the Boss was rescuing him from it? And this version of Lin is basically like Fun Shaundi, and only exists within the Simulation?

Back