I think I killed the dynamic weather system

I've been playing for about 11 hours now, and I've yet to see the game produce rainfall without it being scripted for a mission or with a cheat. When I started my save file I had the Alternate Times of Day mod installed, so I figured that those times of day just weren't programmed to produce rain (since they're made for missions). However, I've been playing for several hours after I uninstalled the mod and I've still yet to see any rain.

The reason I'm asking about this now is that I think I accidentally broke the system. When I first started the game I used the Weather cheats to see what the new times of day would look like in rain and whatnot. I have GoS installed, so those cheats should no longer flag my save, but I'm thinking that it still broke the save to the point where it is stuck on the "Clear Skies" weather type.

Anybody have an idea as to what's wrong here?

Wait, there's dynamic weather in the game? :eek:

No, seriously. I can't actually think of any real dynamic weather in the game. Sometimes I'd go out of a shop or crib or start a mission or what, and it'd spontaneously be raining, or cloudy, or a different time of day... I thought weather was just tethered to the times of day, so that sometimes on load it'd change the weather state.

Did I just not notice when weather did change? Because, seriously.. it apparently was so unmemorable that I lumped it with the annoyance of daytime/nighttime depending on loads...

yeah, it'll randomly start raining regardless of what time of day it is. It happens fairly often, too, at least it does on the 360 version, which is why I thought this was really strange.

I'm considering starting a fresh save to see if I can get it to trigger without any prior cheats being used. Better to do this than to 100% this save first then find out I can't undo the problem!

so while reading up on the mods included in GoS (to see if any of the ones I chose could be affecting this), I noticed under the notes for the Zombie Mod v2 that apparently Pixel disabled the rainy weather due to zombies not spawning during it. I could always go back and make a new build of GoS without this mod, but given that I'm also using the NPC Behavior mod (which is apparently built on the zombie mod), and I simply can't play this game without that great mod, it looks like I'm stuck without the dynamic rain.

so while reading up on the mods included in GoS (to see if any of the ones I chose could be affecting this), I noticed under the notes for the Zombie Mod v2 that apparently Pixel disabled the rainy weather due to zombies not spawning during it. I could always go back and make a new build of GoS without this mod, but given that I'm also using the NPC Behavior mod (which is apparently built on the zombie mod), and I simply can't play this game without that great mod, it looks like I'm stuck without the dynamic rain.

I'll make the rain restriction as an option with the gui build of GoS. :)

I'll make the rain restriction as an option with the gui build of GoS. :)
sweeet, many thanks

while you're here, I have a quick question regarding time of day and whatnot, since it's kinda relevant. Will it be possible sometime down the road to extend the amount of times of day? Currently you can only have 4 at a time, but will it be possible to double the amount and use both the default times and the ones you get in the Alt Times of Day mod in one long chronological string? It may not be possible to make them transition seamlessly, but it'd be cool to be able to have two different states of nighttime to switch between after a load time.

sweeet, many thanks

while you're here, I have a quick question regarding time of day and whatnot, since it's kinda relevant. Will it be possible sometime down the road to extend the amount of times of day? Currently you can only have 4 at a time, but will it be possible to double the amount and use both the default times and the ones you get in the Alt Times of Day mod in one long chronological string? It may not be possible to make them transition seamlessly, but it'd be cool to be able to have two different states of nighttime to switch between after a load time.

Knowing what I do about modding sr2 times of day and weather, I think that's very much a possibility. I'll poke around and see what I can do.

Knowing what I do about modding sr2 times of day and weather, I think that's very much a possibility. I'll poke around and see what I can do.
great to hear that!

might it even be possible to pull off a crude day/night cycle too, or will that just be too complicated given the engine?

sweeet, many thanks

Disregarding possible limits to the table you can have up to 48 time of day slices, each with its own lighting settings. Celestial objects in SRTT do have proper orbits, and each TOD is basically a snapshot of an otherwise dynamic system. That said, the orbits are a tad weird and IIRC there are 2 Suns in Steelport.

I was working on what was where in TOD and global lighting system when real life kicked in. Might as well get back to it.

6353B6E5746741D86637F6CD50926C8D2C7EE230

6697329A91BCF185359CD9F52C01CC1DE3582A55

C0F7A942E912BEA59CA8806FCCCAE5885C3F2A1C

DEFFA56983149DF380DD90B466FAC3C252136EC8

Back