Saints Row: The Third HUD Format

I don't see why it would; it should make it easier. Or maybe I misread something.

I would agree, I don't see why it would be hard. I know we have one of the interface guys interested in helping with the effort, so I don't think it will be an issue. We just need to get tools/formats out there and then things will explode and those are coming "soon".

I would agree, I don't see why it would be hard. I know we have one of the interface guys interested in helping with the effort, so I don't think it will be an issue. We just need to get tools/formats out there and then things will explode and those are coming "soon".
Looks like SR:TT is about to get a bit more modding ;)
May I ask what tool you guys[V] use to convert a batch of tga's to DDS, and vice-versa?

Looks like SR:TT is about to get a bit more modding ;)
May I ask what tool you guys[V] use to convert a batch of tga's to DDS, and vice-versa?

We only go from tga to game data, we don't go back the other way since we still have the tga. The tool is called the peg_assembler and it should be coming to a toolbox near you soon.

So does that make adding a new element to the HUD out if the question?
Like for example: I want to add a speedometer to the HUD.

No, something like that should be entirely within the realm of the possible (albeit difficult). Hopefully in addition to releasing the cruncher for creating the peg/vbm files for the textures, we can maybe release our in-house tool we use for laying out UI screens. That really isn't up to me, so I'm not sure if that will ever happen. The good news is that there isn't anything our in-house UI layout tool can do that couldn't be replicated by hand via Lua script (by a dedicated and patient scripter ;) ).

Honestly, the most challenging part of your example might be just adding a hook to get the player's speed from C code into the Lua script that would control the speedometer.

We only go from tga to game data, we don't go back the other way since we still have the tga. The tool is called the peg_assembler and it should be coming to a toolbox near you soon.
So, currently you guys only have the tools to assemble .cpeg/.cvbm files.
Once we get the way texture data is arranged, could we convert the .cpeg data back to tga's and edit them?

Honestly, the most challenging part of your example might be just adding a hook to get the player's speed from C code into the Lua script that would control the speedometer.
I wouldn't worry about that, the community has some very talented scripters.

So, currently you guys only have the tools to assemble .cpeg/.cvbm files.
Once we get the way texture data is arranged, could we convert the .cpeg data back to tga's and edit them?

That is all we have ever needed since we have the uncompressed textures. Don't you guys currently have ways to get the texture files out of/in to the vbm/pegs? Seems the peg_assembler would just be a way to go from tga to game texture, which makes it easier to add new textures.

Yes, we already have a pegtool for extracting/repacking that's part of minimaul's revised set of gibbed's tools. I'm really not sure why EyeZis wouldn't be using this.

That is all we have ever needed since we have the uncompressed textures. Don't you guys currently have ways to get the texture files out of/in to the vbm/pegs? Seems the peg_assembler would just be a way to go from tga to game texture, which makes it easier to add new textures.
Yes, we do but I was wondering if [V] has an "official" way to extract them, 'cus you guys obviously won't release all the games textures(there's lots of 'em, I imagine about a couple GB)

Yes, we do but I was wondering if [V] has an "official" way to extract them, 'cus you guys obviously won't release all the games textures(there's lots of 'em, I imagine about a couple GB)

I still don't understand why you are not just extracting them yourself from your game files using the existing tools.

Back