How to prevent the game from restoring old saves?

Opps. I'm sorry I just woke up like 30 min ago and still trying to get my brain going.

I seen this on the Steam forum:
A simpler way but not as efficient:
1) Start Steam.
2) Disable Steam Cloud.
3) Delete all files in Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.
4) Start the game to create fresh (and thus different) new files.
5) Exit the game and Steam.
6) Delete remotecache.vdf in Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.
7) Start Steam.
8) Enable Steam Cloud and "Sync conflict" should appear in your game status.
Note that this method may not affect all the files (and you need to modify all of them if you want to delete all of them later).
Thanks! I did all that and a sync conflict prompt appeared. I think sending my current saves removed those old ones as I can now see there's 471 KB stored in Steam Cloud instead of over 750 KB... Well, I just hope those pesky saves won't come back after a week or so. :)
But FusionH2o never said anything about it being a hidden path.
Uhh, how would I remove saves earlier if I didn't know about that? What I was saying is, I removed those saves several times but they always came back when I stopped playing for a while, despite Steam Cloud being turned off. Desperately I even tried to set read-only attribute for whole THQ folder but it didn't work either, it was like Steam synced those Steam Cloud saves even when it was disabled for some reason.

You're welcome Fan of Saints, go check on my new thread on the Off Topic section it's about Steam and it's important ;)

Back