How to prevent the game from restoring old saves?

My God... I fucking can't stand this shit! I turned off Steam Cloud, set save folder to read-only and it STILL restores those old saves? What the fuck? I've been removing them five times already but they still come back after some time, like a goddamn boomerang... Seriously, I even tried to turn on Steam Cloud, launch the game and turn it off afterwards but it still goes on. No matter how many times I remove those fucking saves, they always come back sooner or later. :confused:

My God... I fucking can't stand this shit! I turned off Steam Cloud, set save folder to read-only and it STILL restores those old saves? What the fuck? I've been removing them five times already but they still come back after some time, like a goddamn boomerang... Seriously, I even tried to turn on Steam Cloud, launch the game and turn it off afterwards but it still goes on. No matter how many times I remove those fucking saves, they always come back sooner or later. :confused:

Have you tried deleting them from the C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\THQ\Saints Row 2 folder?

Opps. I'm sorry I just woke up like 30 min ago and still trying to get my brain going.

I seen this on the Steam forum:
A simpler way but not as efficient:
1) Start Steam.
2) Disable Steam Cloud.
3) Delete all files in Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.
4) Start the game to create fresh (and thus different) new files.
5) Exit the game and Steam.
6) Delete remotecache.vdf in Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.
7) Start Steam.
8) Enable Steam Cloud and "Sync conflict" should appear in your game status.
Note that this method may not affect all the files (and you need to modify all of them if you want to delete all of them later).

But FusionH2o never said anything about it being a hidden path.
No I didn't sorry about that. Yes by default the "AppData" folder is hidden you'll have to go into your folder options and enable hidden folders.
There could also be a bug in Steam causing the save files to reappear.

Last edited:
Back