Hidden Cheat Enabler

Here is a mod that enables some of the "hidden" cheats.

Extract this file to your *install location*/packfile/pc folder and replace

pissoffpigs = Hulk Strength
brains = Evil cars
dui = Riots
goldengun = Change time of day
fryhole=giant character
lolz = rath of god
goodygoody=rain pedestrians
oops=tiny player

Here http://www.mediafire.com/?ucm9fbfeb224u7a

So it replaces the existing cheats then? For example, brains is currently zombie peds. Have you tried adding new table entries for them with new unlock words? That would be a much better solution if possible.

Yeah, some of the cheats DO have actual things to type in, but they are numbers and whatnot, which even with editing do not enable for some reason.

Actually, as I said on IdolNinja's blog, the XML file is divided in table and tabletemplates tags.

All tags in tabletemplates won't work, so to be able to use them you have to move them in the table tag.

Below is a file in which I activated some cheats like no hud and some that Bmhur1 talked about.

By the way, Wrath of God did nothing for me when I tried it so I didn't put it in.

Here is the list:
Hide HUD : nohud
Low Gravity : moonwalker
Change time of day : ticktock
God Mode : turkeyburgers
Evil Cars : werecars
Pedestrian War : shitstorm
Giant Player : fuckimhuge
Tiny Player : sotiny
Raining Pedestrians : itsrainingmen

No existing cheats are replaced, and I put funnier codes for those which had a number.

By the way, nohud is non-flagging. It didn't think it was game-breaking.

Here is a version with only the readme and the cheats.xtbl, to be extracted in the Saints Row 3 root dir.

Edit: Corrected the README.

Attachments

• MOAR_Cheats_SR3.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 9,950
The Giant Player cheat has the best name. :D

I looked for the player model swap cheats but can't find how to activate them.
It's obvious they were present at one point, I managed to have it in the cheat list but nothing happen when I activate it so it must be missing something.

Also there seems to be specific mentions of it in activity_types, there is a "<Flag>disable player swap cheats</Flag>", I guess it has something to do with it.

It's possible that they used the same formatting as sr2 ones. You could try adding:

Code:
	<Cheats>
		<Name>Player Gat</Name>
		<DisplayName>PLAYER_GAT</DisplayName>
		<Number>#88</Number>
		<Interface_Category>Player Ability</Interface_Category>
		<Cheat_Description>CHEAT_CHARACTER_DESC</Cheat_Description>
		<Type>
			<Character>
				<Action>
					<Set_Player_Character>
						<Preset_Name>npc_Gat</Preset_Name>
						</Set_Player_Character>
					</Action>
				</Character>
			</Type>
		<_Editor>
			<Category>Entries:Characters</Category>
			</_Editor>
		<Dont_Flag_As_Cheating>True</Dont_Flag_As_Cheating>
		</Cheats>

Also, in sr2 if a cheat was at the bottom of the table and there was no more room in memory then it was simply ignored and wouldn't do anything. For testing, it's always a good idea to try them as the first table entry just to make sure it's not that.

I tried to look into that but didn't find anything.

The SR2 way doesn't seem work, I think it would be necessary to investigate why the "BE_ALL_YOU_WANT_TO_BE" doesn't work, maybe there's a lua script somewhere.

I looked into the missions where there is something approaching (if you see what I mean) and they use outfits and special clothes, so I'm not sure if it'll be useful in our case.

Back