Help with GOTR

Yes, I tested this with GOTR and on that specific problem.

I get no crashes or bugs at all though, so I can't say my texture pack is the one causing your crash, Mrz. Francis. Try using my 2nd version of that texture pack, if you haven't yet, see if that will apparently fix it.

I have to say, I did use GOTR, but the "Standard" version, so yeah. It might be a "file" from GOTR's customizer.

Yes, I tested this with GOTR and on that specific problem.

I get no crashes or bugs at all though, so I can't say my texture pack is the one causing your crash, Mrz. Francis. Try using my 2nd version of that texture pack, if you haven't yet, see if that will apparently fix it.

I have to say, I did use GOTR, but the "Standard" version, so yeah. It might be a "file" from GOTR's customizer.
Hm, that is weird... I did the second version first. I try to do version one. Also I did not add any thing in the custom mods files. Just those textures. I also tried reinstalling it and doing the standard but no help still. Also I try to install another mod which was a texture mod made by IdolNinja to remove the black menu picture and that worked. Is there anything else I can do? By the way, I swear I have the steam game bought and English since I am in USA.

I'm terribly sorry, but I can't help you in any other way, unless...Well let's say that later.

I can't seem to reproduce that crash you're having, I guess the obvious solution is that you can't use my texture pack, so don't use it, sorry about that.

And I'm not sure about that texture mod of IdolNinja's, maybe that is the culprit itself? Try not using that mod while using my texture pack. Unless you're not able to not use IdolNinja's mod, then I can't solve that.

I have SR2 for Steam too, it's European but in American-English.

Now, for that "unless...", my last solution is to give you the textures I have edited and give them to you, so you can make the textures yourself, but don't worry, it's not to edit them and remake one or something, it is just using PegTools. It should be easy, everything is ready to be done there, you just drag, for example, this file "p_ar50.peg_desc" into "PegTool.exe", don't forget to put the textures in the same folder. Then you will get g_peg and peg, these two go to those loose files IdolNinja mentioned.

If that doesn't solve, I suppose you're only able to play it without my texture pack or without GotR.

I'm terribly sorry, but I can't help you in any other way, unless...Well let's say that later.

I can't seem to reproduce that crash you're having, I guess the obvious solution is that you can't use my texture pack, so don't use it, sorry about that.

And I'm not sure about that texture mod of IdolNinja's, maybe that is the culprit itself? Try not using that mod while using my texture pack. Unless you're not able to not use IdolNinja's mod, then I can't solve that.

I have SR2 for Steam too, it's European but in American-English.

Now, for that "unless...", my last solution is to give you the textures I have edited and give them to you, so you can make the textures yourself, but don't worry, it's not to edit them and remake one or something, it is just using PegTools. It should be easy, everything is ready to be done there, you just drag, for example, this file "p_ar50.peg_desc" into "PegTool.exe", don't forget to put the textures in the same folder. Then you will get g_peg and peg, these two go to those loose files IdolNinja mentioned.

If that doesn't solve, I suppose you're only able to play it without my texture pack or without GotR.

Well I tried it again without the menu and still crash with it. Gotr is all right, it's just when your mod is in it, it crashes. I am not a good modder on files but I try to do that pegtools thing soon. I am ok if the mod does not works for me, saints row 2+ gotr is still tenouttaten but some of the textures in the game look like toys and this mod goes good like that GAL43 fix. I still try to fix it still.i think it's my problem now.

Well I tried it again without the menu and still crash with it. Gotr is all right, it's just when your mod is in it, it crashes. I am not a good modder on files but I try to do that pegtools thing soon. I am ok if the mod does not works for me, saints row 2+ gotr is still tenouttaten but some of the textures in the game look like toys and this mod goes good like that GAL43 fix. I still try to fix it still.i think it's my problem now.

Your problem or not, I'll try to help you however I can, but obviously I can't guarantee it will be a good solution since I can't reproduce the crash you have.

I will upload those PegTools files on my thread, then you can do what I told you to do. Though before I do that, you should try this; Use only some of the files.

For example, if you want the GAL43, then get "p_gal43.peg_pc" and "p_gal43.g_peg_pc", as well as its "mag" and put it on those loose files folder. For the rest, don't put them unless you want them, for example if you don't use the double shotgun, don't get "p_dblb_shotgun".

This is what you should try first, just use one texture file like the GAL43, see if you still crash. If you do, that sure is a big problem and I don't know how to fix that now.

But then I got another solution; When you complete the tutorial and you got a safehouse, put my texture pack. Your saves won't be screwed, at least I'm sure of it. Still, a backup save is always good when needed.

I forgot to ask you, how does it crash? Does it just freeze then a pop-up error appears saying that SR2 is not responding?

Your problem or not, I'll try to help you however I can, but obviously I can't guarantee it will be a good solution since I can't reproduce the crash you have.

I will upload those PegTools files on my thread, then you can do what I told you to do. Though before I do that, you should try this; Use only some of the files.

For example, if you want the GAL43, then get "p_gal43.peg_pc" and "p_gal43.g_peg_pc", as well as its "mag" and put it on those loose files folder. For the rest, don't put them unless you want them, for example if you don't use the double shotgun, don't get "p_dblb_shotgun".

This is what you should try first, just use one texture file like the GAL43, see if you still crash. If you do, that sure is a big problem and I don't know how to fix that now.

But then I got another solution; When you complete the tutorial and you got a safehouse, put my texture pack. Your saves won't be screwed, at least I'm sure of it. Still, a backup save is always good when needed.

I forgot to ask you, how does it crash? Does it just freeze then a pop-up error appears saying that SR2 is not responding?

Ok I try to do pegtools later because I am going play some game with my friends for like a few hours something like that and when I am done I go to the thread and download pegtools. if that does not work I do the save one and well about that crash... It does not freeze, after the gun shoots at a click of the button, it just exits and says sr2 is not responding. That's it. if you want more info just ask me. Thanks for the help by the way still.

Ok I try to do pegtools later because I am going play some game with my friends for like a few hours something like that and when I am done I go to the thread and download pegtools. if that does not work I do the save one and well about that crash... It does not freeze, after the gun shoots at a click of the button, it just exits and says sr2 is not responding. That's it. if you want more info just ask me. Thanks for the help by the way still.

Interesting! So you're saying that, when you shoot, the game freezes and then it pretty much crashes since an error pops up saying that it isn't responding, is that it?

Yes, I had this error myself, this error is strange, for me it happened when I was on a half-way savegame, in a safehouse (Probably that hotel in Saints Row street, the probably-beautiful part of Stilwater) and I tried to shoot my recently retextured Glock, which was apparently higher in size than the others (It was 512x512 instead of 256x256 if I remember well), then it had that problem you just mentioned.

You don't really need to use Pegtool right now, that should be last resort. Just try what I told you to do.

Ok I added the textures after safehouse mission so the glock crashed, so I tried the xs-2 shotgun, it was missing the model but did not crashed when shoot but did not shoot at all, but when I tried Kobra, it crashed again. same error and stuff, should I try all the weapons you retextured and give you the results of each gun?

Glock? I don't remember including a glock there, XS2, yeah but it isn't missing the model. I don't get how the Kobra crashes.

Yes, you should do that, see how strangely unstable all the retextures are.

Glock? I don't remember including a glock there, XS2, yeah but it isn't missing the model. I don't get how the Kobra crashes.

Yes, you should do that, see how strangely unstable all the retextures are.
Didn't you say you had a 512 texture on the glock instead of 256 like you said on the last post? Ok I try to make a list of all the modified weapons soon

Back