Help with GOTR

Today, I downloaded the cool GOTR and when I started to play with new game, I was playing the first mission and after I loaded it was fine so I went on and then when I reach the get the guy with the gun, I killed the guy and got the gun. So I shot the other guy and I missed so I tried again and I shot him and after it hit him, I crashed for no reason. I removed the mod and started a new game again *just in case* and I shot the guy like the same way and it did not crashed. What happen doctor? Also I did not pirate it. I bought it on steam.

Post game gang control removes the territory unlock for 1 small area for each gang. So, by the end of the game the Ronin, Brotherhood, and Samedi are still around each in a tiny corner of the map and will do occasional pushbacks. Otherwise by default, they are completely eliminated from the game world and you only get to fight the police after you finish beating it.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "when I reach the get the guy with the gun, I killed the guy and got the gun". I will say that SR2 is extremely buggy and has mission problems. Sometimes you just have to retry the mission when things like that happen. It's not the fault of the mod, but rather the game engine itself. Since it worked fine the second time then it's nothing to worry about. That kind of thing just happens.

Post game gang control removes the territory unlock for 1 small area for each gang. So, by the end of the game the Ronin, Brotherhood, and Samedi are still around each in a tiny corner of the map and will do occasional pushbacks. Otherwise by default, they are completely eliminated from the game world and you only get to fight the police after you finish beating it.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "when I reach the get the guy with the gun, I killed the guy and got the gun". I will say that SR2 is extremely buggy and has mission problems. Sometimes you just have to retry the mission when things like that happen. It's not the fault of the mod, but rather the game engine itself. Since it worked fine the second time then it's nothing to worry about. That kind of thing just happens.
Oh sorry. It was the first mission, Jailbreak and I was playing the tutorial one. So that part that was confusing for you. It was the part where you get on the roof and the text says, "Kill the guard and take their gun." So yeah. Sorry about that sentence, I had to type it fast because the time was very late. I was thinking of putting the modified files in the exe instead of patch like in Saints Row 3. Also I got Powertools, so that will help the pc port run fast.

Saints Row 2 doesn't work like SRTT. Putting the modified files in the root will do absolutely nothing. They have to be packed into the vpp_pc archives for anything to happen at all.

Ok, So I found the problem. I think it has to do with the weapons.xtbl file maybe. So I also watch a lot of videos on youtube about this and they had their mod working fine while this mod makes my game crashes. So I am still playing the game without the mod and it's still ok. So yeah, Still looking for help around the whole saints row 2 world.

Do you own the Steam version of SR2? It's the only way to actually be at the final 1.2 patch level for the game, and the only version 100% compatible with GotR. Every other version of the game (GFWL, D2D, pirated, etc) are still at the 1.1 and will have problems.

The censored German version of the game will also have issues as well, Steam or not.

Do you own the Steam version of SR2? It's the only way to actually be at the final 1.2 patch level for the game, and the only version 100% compatible with GotR. Every other version of the game (GFWL, D2D, pirated, etc) are still at the 1.1 and will have problems.

The censored German version of the game will also have issues as well, Steam or not.

Well yeah I do own steam and English. Still errors.

Have you tried verifying integrity and then reinstalling the mod? Also, what mods do you have selected exactly?

EDIT:
In addition to verifying integrity, also delete the profile.dat in your SR2 save folder.

Back