Saints Row IV Hands on with the Saints Row IV press preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
[finally signing up for this site after creeping around for a year or so]
I am the Weapon Art Lead @ Volition. No Vice9 this time around, Sorry Ben. However, there are a shit ton of pistols, both 'Heavy' and 'Light' to choose from in SR4. I don't think you'll have trouble finding something you like.

Well that has just made my day thank you very much sir. I can not wait for this game to release just like everyone on here already! :D

awesome, thanks guys. We're extremely proud of the amount of weapons and skins in the game ... it's ridiculous. Just wait until you see this collage I put together with all of them, i'll post it on r/saintsrow on Reddit once the game launches.

awesome, thanks guys. We're extremely proud of the amount of weapons and skins in the game ... it's ridiculous. Just wait until you see this collage I put together with all of them, i'll post it on r/saintsrow on Reddit once the game launches.
I loved what I saw in the preview :)

[finally signing up for this site after creeping around for a year or so]
I am the Weapon Art Lead @ Volition. No Vice9 this time around, Sorry Ben. However, there are a shit ton of pistols, both 'Heavy' and 'Light' to choose from in SR4. I don't think you'll have trouble finding something you like.
As a man who loves guns ways that might be considered unhealthy...

As a man who loves guns ways that might be considered unhealthy...

Payne and the other weapon guys have done an AMAZING job on all the options you guys will have at your disposal. I've seen the graphic he is referring to and it really is a sight to behold. There are just so many options you don't even know where to begin.

Payne and the other weapon guys have done an AMAZING job on all the options you guys will have at your disposal. I've seen the graphic he is referring to and it really is a sight to behold. There are just so many options you don't even know where to begin.

That's fantastic! Trying to create new weapon skins for 3 was one of my biggest goals, so having a massive selection in 4 will be exactly what I wanted.

That's fantastic! Trying to create new weapon skins for 3 was one of my biggest goals, so having a massive selection in 4 will be exactly what I wanted.

If I were you I would be even more excited about the mod potential on that new upgrade system. With it being broken down into skins from the base game, I would venture a guess that making skins and allowing the player to pick them will be much easier. Note that I haven't looked at the code for that, but I think our buddy [V] Ramius was the one who made the system, so maybe he can comment with more certainty.

Hmm, I like the sound of that, being able to create and implement fan made weapon textures. That would make it easy to make camo, stag, tactical, etc. style skins for all the guns. I mean, within reason, we could probably even set up skins and costumes for the alien weapons. Thanks for the great news Mr. Knob.

I must ask. Does the Nordberg return? It's been with me through all the games so having it as my Presidential vehicle would be perfect.

Also, is there a short sleeved shirt and t-shirt combo, something I missed in SR:TT and a hairstyle like the feathered executive from SR2 (Dane Vogel's hair).

If I were you I would be even more excited about the mod potential on that new upgrade system. With it being broken down into skins from the base game, I would venture a guess that making skins and allowing the player to pick them will be much easier. Note that I haven't looked at the code for that, but I think our buddy [V] Ramius was the one who made the system, so maybe he can comment with more certainty.

I did indeed add that system to SR4.

There probably is a lot of mod potential there, it's mostly art content and table files. The main issue to be addressed would be that the game really only keeps around enough slots for the costumes (mesh variations) and skins (pure texture changes) that the game actually intends on using. Some of it should just work if you add to the basic table data used when the game is started up, but there are some hard coded limits when it comes to the costume data that would have to be addressed somehow in the PC build when we're looking at how best to support modding. We're still a little focused on getting the thing shipped. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back