GTA V new screens

because the blue map tells you extra locations it circles stores so i decided to go to 1 was actually a shop that i could walk in which i then robbed they seem like small bars or just convenience stores atleast you can walk in them... But it has these triangles all over it which the legend says Safe house from my understanding safe houses means an apartment but i cant buy them in my game yet so im wondering if they all unlock later or if its for multiplayer
BUqUXBSCAAAIvle.jpg:large

That is how i know there are alot of them... i dont think they would be on the map for no reason it also shows otherstuff apparently if you look at it under a black light.

GTA-V-map-1.jpg

after driving to a few of these "safe house" locations most of them look like small places like 1 was a small garage behind a diner, the other 1 i went to was a caravan in a trailer park, other 1 was a small looking home in the country. All which i cant buy atm... im thinking they are the multiplayer houses unless i need to play story more.

Last edited:
Picked up GTA V tuesday afternoon (360 version).
I finished the story this morning and am currently at about 73% for everything.
The safe houses are offered in game via progress.
There are 3 types of clothing stores and each character has different outfits they can purchase at the stores (color selection tends to be why there are 4 to 8 types of the same item).
The Weapons aren't bad (could use ammo type selection though), the aircraft are fun (F'n hate the woble though), and the cars F'n rock (some oldies and alot of new cool shit).
The sound track is like 250 songs broken into like 12 or more stations (strange enough I'm tired of the songs I like and dislike most of the stations). They really need a mix tape option to select what song you want, and there's no metal station???

Pro's -
Huge map, taking the fighter plane (which is a PITA to get) you can fly at top speed from north east corner to south west corner in about a min. and a half (or so). Driving that distance in game will take a hell of alot longer.
Great Rides and customization
All kinds of stupid shit to do
Did I mention the large map?
Beware the mountain lion, as they tend to knock you off course when driving through the mountain areas.
Really nice Rides, with good customizations (and the Million Dollar In Game Super Car is parked on the street at one location in the day time so you don't have to buy it).
Mission Replay - if you got a bronze of silver you can go back and get gold, or go back with better weapons and just do a better job...

Con's -
Not as character customizable as I would like (Mike and Trevors hair and beard choices are slim, you can not define the characters shape, etc).
Heist's could be done better (more player choice, less go from A to B to C, then rinse repeat).
Game still has the clueless "take cover behind item fire rpg at enemy and blow yourself up cause rocket hits item you are hiding behind while the reticule is on the enemy..." (sarcasm)I really loved that in GTA IV, and I am so happy it is happening again in GTA V (/sarcasm).
You carry all the weapons and the game doesn't remember your preferred selection on a game load.
Some cars disappear from your garage (the 30k garage you buy in game not the one at the safe house). This really sucks if its something you purchase in game (like a 650k sports car).
You should be able to rob the folks that screw you over in game (before you take them out).
Once the game is over you have a couple of small things that pop up from purchasing stores but that is it... no more major shoot outs with the enemies, unless you like frag'n cops all the time (but that doesn't pay).

All in all I'll be playing it again... And I definitely want to see it on the PC as the Xbox gets kinda blocky after hours and hours of game play.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I'm Santa Clause. A blind man would have noticed even before the release that the traffic uses the same system it always has. AKA if someone drives an Infernus (player or NPC), chances are you'll see 10 more before you leave the area.

Well, sorry I didn't notice the traffic before -_- now I did notice a couple of Buffalo's in one street, indeed, but except for that I don't pay that much attention to the traffic.

It's good, yes, but is it 10/10 good? We've already figured it is a good game, but the reviews seem to think it's the third coming of Half Life (or fifth coming of Halo, whatever). I think they're a liiiiiiiittle excessive on the high scores, what with metacritic's review list taking a good 80-90% before you find one that ISN'T 100%.

As for cars and graphics, come on, it's obvious the screenshots and trailers are all from a special non-release internal pc version with their own high-res graphics and a lot of tweaks to get the most out of it. The real game looks nothing as good, both in variety and appearance.
It's like Skyrim, where it was obvious they faked it with a lot of pre-renders and high-res textures and fog settings hte real game lacks. It's inevitable, the game is made for ancient console hardware and thus looks like crap, but they sell it on the graphics so they have to do hacked PC renders, and while they're at it they have all those vehicles that won't show up all at once when in actual play, so go and force it to preload a certain set for promo shots...

At least the car handling is better. That's a big reason why I can't stand GTA4, even when it's a souped-up sports car it feels like I'm driving a boat. Not a small speedboat, but a cruise liner, like the sort that runs into reefs and capsizes because it has a turning radius measured in miles.

To me its worth 10/10, this game is better then GTA SA.

To me its worth 10/10, this game is better then GTA SA.

It will pass. Three years from now you'll look back and be like "yeah, it wasn't that good". Games change, but the players don't.

Anyway I noticed that not-CJ drives a 2012 Dodge Charger based Buffalo, but I've only seen the regular 2006-based one spawning. Is that thing unique? Cause mine... my friend's, blew up...

Anyway I noticed that not-CJ drives a 2012 Dodge Charger based Buffalo, but I've only seen the regular 2006-based one spawning. Is that thing unique? Cause mine... my friend's, blew up...
Each protagonist has a unique vehicle variant and it seems Trevor even has an own unique vehicle.

I'm really enjoying GTAV so far. The missions are great, the checkpointing is much better than previous gta games, the world is beautifully crafted, and I really like all the characters and the story. It looks kind of terribad on consoles with tons of eye-straining aliasaing, but what ya gonna do. lolconsoles, etc.

I'm really enjoying GTAV so far. The missions are great, the checkpointing is much better than previous gta games, the world is beautifully crafted, and I really like all the characters and the story. It looks kind of terribad on consoles with tons of eye-straining aliasaing, but what ya gonna do. lolconsoles, etc.

Well why don't you marry GTA V if you love it so much! T-T
No srsly, it's good. Might just buy it if Rockstar can deliver a perfect port and make up for all the times they've screwed us over in the past.

Back