[GotR] Language changes reverting game to vanilla state

Perhaps redownload GotR and extract to a new folder and try to build again?

I used another manual SR2 backup. I redownloaded GotR 1.9.2. I built a bare-bones GotR without additional mods. Still have two 'preload' files and not a single 'patch' file.
Eeeeeeh... Nope.

I also downloaded 1.9.1 and it still can't create the 'patch' file. Gonna scan my computer...

Last edited:
That's a weird one. You could REM out the final CLS statement in the batch file so you can scroll up and look for any errors during the build process.

How do I do that?

Edit the batch file in notepad and look for the last CLS line then change it to:
REM CLS

CLS clears the screen, so you can scroll up after it completes and see what happened.

Thanks. Here is what the batch file spat out:
svkn92Y.png

The errors you're seeing aren't really errors. It's just looking for any remaining files to clean them up and not finding anything (which is good.)

The batch file is failing here trying to build the actual patch. so the actual tools aren't working correctly:
optional_mod_stuff\tools\Gibbed.SaintsRow2.BuildPackage.exe "MY_CUSTOM_PATCH\patch.vpp_pc" "optional_mod_stuff\tmp_workspace" "optional_mod_stuff\original_patch"

No idea why other than something must have changed on your system.

Well, I scanned my computer and there wasn't any viruses. I totally have no idea why the batch file refuses to build the patch.
Guess I'll need a third party to build a patch I'd like and then have them send me the files, lel.

Later in the day, I'll try to build a patch on a different computer.

Last edited:
Are you running the batch file as an Administrator?
As in, right-click "Run as administrator ".

Back