[GotR] Language changes reverting game to vanilla state

I changed the language in Steam options to English. GotR reverted back to vanilla game, so I decided to build GotR again and copy the files. I still have vanilla SR2. Even revalidating files and installing GotR again didn't help.

wtf?

I even deleted the whole SR2 and reinstalled it through Steam and I still have the same problem.

TL;DR: changed language to English. GotR deinstalled itself. Reverted back to Polish. GotR still can't be installed on SR2.

Last edited:
I am sure I was typing 'P' and not 'V' in the batch file...

Anyway, let me rephrase the problem.
1. I had GotR and Polish version on Steam.
2. I decided to change the language of SR2 in Steam options to English.
3. There was some 5 MB update right after it.
4. As soon as I opened the game, I noticed vanilla SR2 loading screens.
5. Changed back to Polish, still the same.
6. I built the same GotR patch as previously, only to realise it didn't do anything.
7. The game behaves like vanilla in spite of having modified files from GotR.
8. The game refuses to install GotR even after copying the three files into SR2 root folder.
9. Verified cache and installed GotR - nothing.
10. Deleted local files and installed GotR - nothing.
11. Used a manual backup of vanilla SR2, then installed GotR - still nothing.

Co jest, kurwa?!

Last edited:
Perhaps turn off auto updating in the options? Also, you should really be selecting language via the startup command line options. There's a reference with those included with the mod.

Perhaps turn off auto updating in the options? Also, you should really be selecting language via the startup command line options. There's a reference with those included with the mod.
The closest thing I found was 'update the game only after booting.' Still, it doesn't work.
The game acts as if it's totally ignoring the fact it has modified files in its root folder.

I seriously don't understand why the problem persists.
I can formulate it in one sentence: the game doesn't let me install GotR and I'm not able to find any solution on the Internet... maybe because nobody has had it before? o_O

Also, I put Steam in offline mode, installed GotR again and still nothing.

EDIT: I think I found a source of my problem. GotR for some reason isn't able to create a 'patch' file. All I see is two 'preload' and a 'shader' file.

Last edited:
Back