GotR: Crashes during cut scenes after a few missions...

I decided to start a new playthrough in SR2 with Gentlemen of the Row. Keep in mind this is the only mod I have installed (Well with it's custom patch that includes alot more mods but well you get the point). At first the game was all good, started the first few missions and side missions all fine and dandy.

Until I started noticing after mass completing 3 to 4 missions (Story missions since they pretty much have actual cut scenes) the game crashes and windows says "sr2_pc.exe has stopped working". At first I thought nothing of it, games crash and aren't perfect especially this port of Saints Row 2, it's even worse than GTA IV's to be honest. I understand GotR fixes alot, it actually makes the game playable for me, but it doesn't fix everything.

Anyways it started happening again and again and I don't even want to play for now until I figure out how to fix this. I've seen threads of this on Steam fourms and here also, I doubt those solutions will fix my issue. But yeah can somebody give some assistance with this nasty issue?

EDIT 1: Apparently updating DirectX can help fix this, can't find the latest version for Windows 10 since microshit won't let standalone packages be a thing for this OS.

Last edited:
Back