Goodbye Volition

Wait, if Volition ceased to exist back in the early-2000s, then how was it still around to be closed recently?

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to company lingo and things of that nature, 'cause I've never heard of Embracer until now.

They need to focused in SR2 patch first thats most people care rn.... Just one patch done we talk about the ip later
^ This. They should just have a coder spend a couple of weeks dedicated to this, release it, and call it done. IdolNinja can then rest in peace.
Instead, it's more likely that 2024 will pass, maybe even 2025 and it's still "Yeah it's coming"

Just release the damn thing and we can all move on.

Wait, if Volition ceased to exist back in the early-2000s, then how was it still around to be closed recently?

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to company lingo and things of that nature, 'cause I've never heard of Embracer until now.
I was referring to it in a financial capacity. Basically, once you sell yourselves to someone, your future is completely out of your hands.

Think of it like this:
You own your house. One day, you decide you're tired of paying real estate taxes and doing maintenance and yardwork. You sell it to someone for cash monies, but your kids continue to live in it in exchange for paying rent.

They need to focused in SR2 patch first thats most people care rn.... Just one patch done we talk about the ip later and everyone can go home so easily no more fight since Volition closed.. no more anti criticism and banning everybody just because people criticize your reboot..
I don't think we will get a patch guys. shit.😢😢
Screenshot 2023-09-04 234804.jpg

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?
Capitalism says there's always a chance where there's an opportunity to make money.

Realistically, probably not. You'd be looking at someone attempting to learn the codebase for a proprietary engine with no help and spotty documentation across the board. There's better documentation HERE, now that Voiltion's doors are shut.

Maybe someone could do a remaster, SR3-style, but I don't know how much our help contributed to it's success.

You'd be looking at someone attempting to learn the codebase for a proprietary engine with no help and spotty documentation across the board. There's better documentation HERE, now that Voiltion's doors are shut.
It hurts a bit that all of that is now essentially lost. Aside of documentation, there were some cool things that I wish would have seen the light of day outside of Volition.

But even though it's gone, I'm left with something. Inspired by Volition, I started working on cool things of my own after the closure.
Peek 2023-09-05 19-06.gif

Back