Gentlemen of the Row

In the Gang Customization options, where you have "Saints Heroes", which contains Gat, Pierce, Shaundi, and Carlos, can Luz and Aisha be added to the "Saints Heroes" too?

I would like to know if there is any way I can use this mod along with the local translation of my game? I live in Brazil, and the game doesn't have PT-Br subtitles, so I install the translation and it works normally, however, if I install GOTR it stops working. The translation messes with the file: patch.vpp, and I would like the translation + GOTR to better understand the story and solve the game's problems. If anyone can help me I appreciate it.

I would like to know if there is any way I can use this mod along with the local translation of my game? I live in Brazil, and the game doesn't have PT-Br subtitles, so I install the translation and it works normally, however, if I install GOTR it stops working. The translation messes with the file: patch.vpp, and I would like the translation + GOTR to better understand the story and solve the game's problems. If anyone can help me I appreciate it.
As far as I know, the best you can do is force the game to start in one of the following languages (copy/paste straight from GotR documentation):

Code:
To set launch parameters for Saints Row 2, right click on it in Steam and choose Properties.

On the GENERAL tab, click the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS button

Enter any of the following commands in the dialog box that opens.

The following language parameters can force that particular language if its string files are present.
NOTE: all language files have been added to the Gentlemen of the Row mod.

forcelang_en     - force language to English
forcelang_de     - force language to German
forcelang_fr     - force language to French
forcelang_es     - force language to Spanish
forcelang_it     - force language to Italian
forcelang_nl     - force language to Dutch
forcelang_se     - force language to Swedish
forcelang_dk     - force language to Danish
forcelang_pl     - force language to Polish
forcelang_cz     - force language to Czech
forcelang_ru     - force language to Russian
forcelang_ch     - force language to Chinese
forcelang_jp     - force language to Japanese

Portuguese is not supported, though 😕

As far as I know, the best you can do is force the game to start in one of the following languages (copy/paste straight from GotR documentation):

Code:
To set launch parameters for Saints Row 2, right click on it in Steam and choose Properties.

On the GENERAL tab, click the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS button

Enter any of the following commands in the dialog box that opens.

The following language parameters can force that particular language if its string files are present.
NOTE: all language files have been added to the Gentlemen of the Row mod.

forcelang_en     - force language to English
forcelang_de     - force language to German
forcelang_fr     - force language to French
forcelang_es     - force language to Spanish
forcelang_it     - force language to Italian
forcelang_nl     - force language to Dutch
forcelang_se     - force language to Swedish
forcelang_dk     - force language to Danish
forcelang_pl     - force language to Polish
forcelang_cz     - force language to Czech
forcelang_ru     - force language to Russian
forcelang_ch     - force language to Chinese
forcelang_jp     - force language to Japanese

Portuguese is not supported, though 😕
Yes, Portuguese is not supported in this game and any other Saints Row. However, I can play the others Saints Row with translation and mods installed.. :) Only Saints Row 2 that doesn't :(. Apparently the translation messes up the patch.vpp file.

Last edited:
Yes, Portuguese is not supported in this game and any other Saints Row. However, I can play the others Saints Row with translation and mods installed.. :) Only Saints Row 2 that doesn't :(. Apparently the translation messes up the patch.vpp file.
Are these translation mods from this forum or taken elsewhere?

No. The translation is from a big site here in Brazil where they translate all PC games that don't have Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.

I just wanted to take a look at the files and see if they might be swappable with GotR to build a patch.

just a heads up, the mod no longer works with the gog version, I simply get an immediate crash to desktop when launching the game after installing gottr (and removing the mod lets the game launch)

edit: just tested on the steam version and it works fine. only the gog version is broken

Last edited:
Back