Gentlemen of the Row

Hi, I recently reinstalled SR2 and wanted to play with GOTR but I'm facing problems. I keep crashing in many occasion, I had to disable AA just to be able to use the character creator and after that I often crash in shops, when finishing spraying a tag and even get some random crash when driving/walking, I can hardly play more than 15 minutes without crashing. I followed the installation instruction correctly, tried everything in the readme ( playing in windowed, verifying files, updating DirectX, deleting profile.dat). I even re-downloaded the mod and the whole game but nothing seems to work. I made sure I actually had the uncut version of the game too, my computer is way past the recommended specs and I have up to date drivers. I'm really at loss here and don't see what I could have missed.

That's the game's fault, not the mod

I understand that SR2 isn't the best PC port to exist, and accept that the game crash. But Last time I played I remember I could at least use shops and play more than 15 minutes before it crashed. I was hoping there was something more I could do to make it playable this time.

It shouldn't crash that much in windowed mod, I was able to play 3 hours without any ctd.

Before upgrading my OS, I could play for almost five hours without crashing. There was an added benefit of looking at another program without the cursor being stuck at the center so I can look up secrets. But now...

It shouldn't crash that much in windowed mod, I was able to play 3 hours without any ctd.
same here. it used to crash loads til i got powertools set up right. now it runs extremely well. and rarely crashes (i still save often though, just incase)
i'm lovin it~

Back