From a dubstep gun to a metal gun?

Well, they put all that work in, and added new tracks. We're gonna have real issues with any sort of music added.. copyrights will probably prevent most things we'd want to add to be, you know, added. (Unless we could claim fair use, but that is very iffy). So, a lot of royalty-free songs, and possibly the stuff in the game already (although I'm not sure about that, we'd still have to pull it out, edit it, and put it back in, but it's from the game and the game has the rights..)

Plus, well, some of the DLC is mostly for the console users anyways, that or the people who don't bother with mods. The clothing packs and weapon packs are neat, but while it sells I don't know how many of the people here actually bought the 'executive privilege' cheat pack. :rolleyes:

Our best bet is to come up with either a tool or a good guide on how to insert your own music. That way there is no royalty issue as the consumer already owns the song.

Well for one, the DLC is worth it to modders if you're inclined to switch between more tracks without leaving the game. As for copyrights, what you do on your own PC is your own business ;)

As for the format, they're put into Wwise as WAVs and Wwise converts them into ogg vorbis. If you can convert the oggs back into WAVs, I imagine you'd be able to view the markers in any mid-level DAW like Reaper or Logic.

If that doesn't work, I can just figure out exactly how to place the markers in the DAW and when the audio SDK is released you should be able to just import your own tracks, generate the soundbanks, and replace your game files. Should. I'll take this time to reiterate that we're still not completely sure how powerful or useful the Wwise project will be in the mod community's hands, but once we get it fully functional without any tool dependencies on our end I'll have a lot more information to pass along.

All i want is it to be quiet during the "charge" time and then just before it starts firing, the audio clip of "AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA" starts playing and then my time is now loops. I would pay for that to become a reality.

Back