FOV Fix

Hey, so what is this mod essentially changing in the XTBL file?
Is it adding
Code:
<base_fov>75</base_fov>
to every camera mode?

If so, then If one would want a custom FOV all I'd have to do is replacing every instance of "<base_fov>75</base_fov>" with my preffered value (which would be 60)...?

Is this correct or am I missing some other variables that have to be changed?
I feel like the FOV here is a bit too wide for my tastes :)
Thanks in advance!

It's not adding it, that value is already there. What it's doing is tweaking the values to customize it.
Doing a mass replace of 75 to 60 would probably be fine as the other values, 90, wouldn't get replaced. Just keep the original handy in case you need to reload.

Thank you very much for this mod, shitface. Most FPS games are unplayable for me with console FOV settings, and with you mod, playing SR4 is absolutely fine!

For the record I tried S faces version and had a issue with it being too far away as well and also noticed lack of zoom -fine-aim- control when using weapons.
Perhaps he had updated the xtbl later with a new version to address that, I don't know. I remember downloading it early but only now got around to trying it as I've not played SR4 since
a day or so after release.

MOABS version on page 2 I like better for my needs. Working zoom too. I've only tested it just fooling around on the streets though. Thats where I spend most of my time anyway.

I want to thank both of you for providing this.

You might want to zip them up it helps prevent corruption issues in the future. Zip files will warn someone if there was bit rot when un-archived.
As you know a raw ascii file won't yelp.
I know bit rot happens. Points at head.

Back