Extracting, and Converting SR4's Soundtrack

Gotta say thanks for this guide yo. Like always this beat the shit out my brains and messed with me til I went Rampage on things in my head. Then I killed a Family of Deathclaws in FNV ,had a few brewskis and took a short nap. Now I know how to extract audio, among other things from this game, with gusto. Bravado? Whatthefuckever I know how to get the damn audio now.

Has anyone been able to find where all of the mission music is? I've found some stuff that as I recall plays during some missions in some files, but most of it I still can't find. More specifically, I'm trying to locate the track that starts here at about 12:20

Okay nevermind, turns out the music for specific missions is stored in the specific mission audio files in the sounds.vpp_pc file.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the guide Oricul. ;)

I however relized the possibility to make this completely automated with just the user inputting the station name. So I wanted to see if I could and wrote my own script. It turned out to work pretty good so I have posted it to GitHub (download) if anyone would like to give it a try.

Does anyone know in which .pak file I can find the Telekinesis Rift background music? This one:

I want to extract it myself to get a high quality version but can't find it in interface_music_media or interactive_music.

Hey guys. I've spent a few hours trying to extract a certain audio file. I'd like the sound file from the purple dubstep gun (the song Vindicate by Excision & Datsik). Not the full song, just the cut out that's played when you fire the gun. I've tried making a mix like it with audacity but it doesn't sound quite the same.

This worked for me up until Step 4. I can't make anything happen with the ww2ogg or revorb .exes. Nothing happens when I run them or drag files over them.
Can anyone provide clarification as to what I'm supposed to do?

Once you have the audio files extracted, you run the transcode.bat program to convert them into OGG files. I assume that's the part you are stuck at, anyway, where you have the unplayable .wave files that you extracted from the .bnk_pc?
Aaaaand got it done. The problem, as expected, was between my keyboard and my chair: I didn't even notice the transcode file available for download on the first post. Thanks for your help!

Just now I changed the content of the files to my own custom soundtrack (don't worry I made sure that they were all exactly the same name they were before when I exported them and they are still in .ogg) but is there a way to repack the completed folder and make it so that I can have my custom soundtrack in the game?
Thanks

this guide works PERFECTLY. however, i'm a bit lost, im trying to find the 'opposites attract' singalong(s) from Pierce's loyalty mission... anyone know where i can find that?

{edit}
found it, if anyone else was looking for it, its in sounds.vpp_pc and then under mol_p01_media.bnk_pc. the music and the different voices singing are separate files in the bnk, so what i did was merge the one i wanted (with the laura bailey VA) with the music.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I've spent a few hours trying to extract a certain audio file. I'd like the sound file from the purple dubstep gun (the song Vindicate by Excision & Datsik). Not the full song, just the cut out that's played when you fire the gun. I've tried making a mix like it with audacity but it doesn't sound quite the same.

Ok, what you do is follow the tutorial up to where you copy the radio file, but instead of copying the radio file, copy "wep_dubstep_gun_media.bnk_pc". Then follow the rest of the tutorial as normal.

Back