1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting, and Converting SR4's Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by 0ricul, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Minimaul

Minimaul Site owner Staff Member

I don't, I'm afraid. I'd assume they're in one of the .le_strings files.

You might want to look at the source for a tool I wrote to do just that for SRGOOH: https://github.com/tomjepp/SaintsRowRadiopocalypse/tree/master/RadioSwapper

2. Why are the WAVs converted to OGG? Assuming the original raw files were in WAV, you are actually loosing sound quality.

3. Wwise Audiokinetic accepts WAV files only but uses (and thus Saints Row does too) OGG internally (although it's not the same container).

Converting WAV to OGG will be lossy by definition but it's actually not that noticable, plus the fact that the sound is played through the in-game 'radio' some quality hit actually fits in with that.
    (If you're an audiophile, listening to your music on an in-game car radio is probably not the best choice.)

(In my case, I had to convert MP3->WAV->Wwise (OGG) so... two lossy steps.)

Another issue I ran into is I found you need to normalize the WAV files to be quite loud (I did +20db + prevent clipping and some tracks were still a little quiet).

4. Thanks for the low down. Decided to just pick the Mad Decent songs I wanted off of beatport if I'm really gonna be anal about the sound quality.

shouldn't be surprised but I got curious and saw that the entire Mad Decent radio station is on that website if anyone is curious.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2017

5. Hey, can you also work on Agents of Mayhem? I cannot find the sound vpp and i really need the songs from the game. PLEASE HELP!!!

It shares same files like it was with SR TT-IV. They're all vpp_pc.

Help me please! I need Agents of Mayhem extractor! I also need Mayhem Ready! musics too (abilities from Oleg, Kingpin etc.)! PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2017
  6. Minimaul

Minimaul Site owner Staff Member

1. Don't double post
    2. They share the same extension but they are different file formats. There's some test code on my github, but nothing fully working.

7. Can you finish it? I need these musics, i really like them and want to listen them without voices/conversations lowering the musics down.