Even more preorder bonuses!?

its even worse when ever store gets different stuff an you end up with like 20 base dlcs that could of been in the game for everybody kinda hate the world we live in we have devs here take notes

its even worse when ever store gets different stuff an you end up with like 20 base dlcs that could of been in the game for everybody kinda hate the world we live in we have devs here take notes
Yea, but then a few months later, you can re-release all the separate pre-order bonuses as a single combined DLC and sell it for 5 to 10 dollars. (Sleeping Dogs Dragon Masters Pack, I'm talking about you..)

You can Actually thank Microsoft for DLC's.

Someone there had the brilliant idea of taking things that developers (Epic, Valve, Id, etc) used to give freely to the community on PC and have people pay for them on the consoles.
Valve had a big argument over map packs for the first "Left for Dead" and Microsoft's Xbox 360 add-on policy

Alas the trend caught on and 6 years later every developer is pushed by the production companies to make the customers pay extra for the small shit.

At least they do not charge for bug fixes (damn I hope no one at Microsoft gets a Brain storm idea about that).
Oh wait Windows 7 was a bug fix for Vista, but Windows ME was just a bug they never got fixed :)

Microsoft F'n over there customers since MS Dos 1.0

I don't really mind DLC costing. It's just all about pricing compared to what content you get (and being able to get the content at some point for me personally.) Unfortunately, it's painfully obvious that the industry as a whole, with few exceptions, doesn't care about this ratio at all, and more so than getting this content free before, it's the fact we're typically being ripped off now that has left such a bad taste for DLC in all of our mouths. Even in the rare event good DLC comes out, I know many are still apprehensive about purchasing it, and it's no wonder why.

Oh, and just a side note, Windows Vista works just fine, I use it, exclusively, everyday for work and play, and have since it released, without any problem :) (Yes, I'm completely serious. Vista's reputation is basically thanks to shit third party support at the time.) Now, that said, Windows ME, oh, that was my first OS. It's a wonder, a miracle, to this day that I even use Windows at all after using it.

Oh, and just a side note, Windows Vista works just fine, I use it, exclusively, everyday for work and play, and have since it released, without any problem :) (Yes, I'm completely serious. Vista's reputation is basically thanks to shit third party support at the time.) Now, that said, Windows ME, oh, that was my first OS. It's a wonder, a miracle, to this day that I even use Windows at all after using it.

Yeah Vista isn't to bad, just don't use it on a first gen SSD drive (even with the swap file relocated to a second drive the OS will just face palm itself when doing a virus scan). Yeah I have a copy of Vista 64 Home Premium, I even had it installed at one time (ran it till it died).
I replaced it with Windows 7 64 Home Premium and have kept 7 since. I also have 2 copies of XP 64 Pro (still run 1 copy on an AMD Turion MT 40 laptop). I Have multiple copies of XP pro OEM (Newegg purchases were like $100 at the time with a single piece of hardware), Windows 95 (not A or B, but the original 14 floppy disk version), Windows 98 upgrade CD, Windows 98 Second Edition, played with the MSDN version Windows 2000 (used it as a base OS build for some of the servers I put togther at a company a long time ago, it was covered under the corporate lisc for that company), beta tested Longhorn (XP), oh and had a friend give me an OEM copy of ME (which after playing with and turning off the NT based stuff that didn't work, it ran just like 98 SE).

There for about 8 to 10 years I was a die hard PC gamer. Went through hardware like most people go through games. If I didn't spend 2K a year on hardware then I was sad. Actually I still have a Vapochill for Socket A setting in a box in the corner of my entertainment room.... Nothing says overclocking like having your cpu at a negative 80 degree's Celsius. I've backed off a lot though.
Now I'm just running a stock AMD A8 3850 cpu with a ATI 6750 1GB card, OS drive is a Crucial M4 64GB SSD (with the firmware updated). I actually have my Steam folder on a second drive due to it being half the size of my OS drive. I really do love the sleep mode in Windows 7 on a SSD drive (its at the desktop before I can sit down in my recliner).

Windows ME.... Hay lets take shit that was designed and intended for NT 5.0 (Windows 2000) and put it on a Windows 9x platform, and call it Millennium.
Months later, why is the system backup taking up 2/3rd's of the primary drive???
Weeks after that, why do I have to rebuild my system every couple of months with the F'n OS???

Yep I'm surprised the Linux and Mac community didn't grow by leaps and bounds when that OS hit the shelves.
Surprisingly I've never owned a Mac, but I'm IBM OS/400 and AIX fluent (oh green screen command line how I love thee).

hey idol.... you think these "pre-order" bonuses will all be released as dlc at some point in the future? (the tf2 stuff is probably gonna be steam-only obviously)

hey idol.... you think these "pre-order" bonuses will all be released as dlc at some point in the future? (the tf2 stuff is probably gonna be steam-only obviously)

Future is cloudy.

Do we know if these are definitely not going to be part of the Steam pre-order? Sorry if that's already been confirmed. I mean on one hand, if they are, hot diggity to like all of us here I suppose, I assume anyone on this forums primarily plays on PC. On the other hand, even if not, they're not terribly cool costumes, I mean I could live without them I suppose.

They are gamestop exclusives, so console only.

Back