Do you like how Dex was treated?

So Dex had basically been the source of a lot of annoyance among Saints Row fans in the other forum. After Saints Row 2 basically promised that we'd deal with Dex in the next game, we were all expecting it only to get everything but Dex. He never showed up save for one or two commentaries by the characters in Saints Row IV, and when we do see him in Gat Out Of Hell, he's just a husk with Dex's hat.

So do you like how Dex was treated throughout the series? How do you think they could've handle his character arc? Did seeing Dex in Gat Out Of Hell give you satisfaction, 'meh', or annoyance?

To me, I just reasoned that the Boss, at some point between Saints Row 2 and Saints Row: The Third, just didn't care about Dex. By this point, he/she was an international celebrity and head of the Saints/Ultor Media. Why would he/she care about some tiny little ex-Saint? That and (if we assume with at least one of the voices), they had therapy, it must've done wonders for them as they clearly act like Dex no longer matters.

Well, those are my two Zins. I'm curious to read your thoughts. :D

In the unreleased game called "Saints Row: Money Shot", Dex was said to be killed by the assassin protagonist.

He's a total dick despite of what he's done in SR1. The better snitch was Troy. At least he's trying to cover Saints operation when he becomes police chief.

I always feel like Troy didn't really betray the Saints as he was an undercover cop all along, but Dex just turned his back on the Saints as soon as Dane offered him a job.

I don't think the Volition writer even knew who is Dex when they wrote storyline for Gat out of Hell. They just told him he's a bad guy and he must be in the game to 'satisfy' old fans... Yea, it ended like always. I want real vengeance, not piece of crap like that.

If the Money Shot story is still regarded in the current SR universe, then that means Dex is totally a history by now.

Ultor itself has been taken over and joined the Saints before The Third started. Dex was either already a bodybag meat back then or he became a nameless hobo.

Besides, no one other than Boss and Gat knows about this punk.

I still wouldn't be satisfied with him being dead before the third, being killed by some assassin. I want the boss to dispose of his ass in a crushed-in-trunk or buried-alive-manner.

I don't think the Volition writer even knew who is Dex when they wrote storyline for Gat out of Hell. They just told him he's a bad guy and he must be in the game to 'satisfy' old fans... Yea, it ended like always. I want real vengeance, not piece of crap like that.

Steve Jaros was the same writer for all Saints Row games, including Gat out of Hell. Also, I'm the one who kept pushing Steve for the past year to resolve the Dex storyline. So, blame me I guess.

Steve Jaros was the same writer for all Saints Row games, including Gat out of Hell. Also, I'm the one who kept pushing Steve for the past year to resolve the Dex storyline. So, blame me I guess.
Oh... So it was Steve. Honestly, I didn't expect he'd throw Dex in such a crappy way. :p

Back