Disable Super Power Glow

Just keep the super glow disabler separate from any other type of modification on how you look while you sprint or jump aroung, the only thing I disliked a lot was the glow over the character's entire body, I'm fine with the other stuff.

Thanks a lot for this, best mod yet.

This is only tangentially related to your mod, but is it at all possible to remove that horrible red fake-digital effect from water when you're near it?

This is only tangentially related to your mod, but is it at all possible to remove that horrible red fake-digital effect from water when you're near it?
Tried to find something and nothing but dead ends among table files. Suspicious shaders that I tried to replace with null shaders also brought further empty results. I like the idea if someone can find a solution.

Here's an additional file that you guys can use with this mod. It just removes the glowing tracers that appear on your hands and feet while you are in the air. It also removes the glowing tracer that appears behind you briefly when you start sprinting or change directions while sprinting.

Unfortunately, I can't find the file that contains the purple target and wavy ground that you see as you are charging a super jump. It isn't in effects.xtbl, matfx.xtbl, nor vfx.xtbl. That is the only other effect I am looking to remove.

Attachments

• Disable Super Power Tracers v1.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,105
Last edited:
These three mods together really help out my game quite alot. I mean 'wow'... it makes the gameplay alot smoother for me so I can actually enjoy it without much stutter and constant jumping around here and there. I been hoping for something like these for quite awhile.

I was always wondering why I would suffer from tidbits of lag or constant slow downs. And it was the effects of the 'super powers'... like the glow, the tracers, and all that jazz. So I'd like to give a personal 'thank you' for these few mods. I know they are probably still a sort of WIP. But for me... I think they are pretty nice.

These three mods together really help out my game quite alot. I mean 'wow'... it makes the gameplay alot smoother for me so I can actually enjoy it without much stutter and constant jumping around here and there. I been hoping for something like these for quite awhile.

I was always wondering why I would suffer from tidbits of lag or constant slow downs. And it was the effects of the 'super powers'... like the glow, the tracers, and all that jazz. So I'd like to give a personal 'thank you' for these few mods. I know they are probably still a sort of WIP. But for me... I think they are pretty nice.

I suppose it might help with game performance a bit, since those effects aren't being loaded any more. I just think the game looks a lot nicer without all of that unnecessary clutter.

I think all three files are the final versions, nothing more we can really do to them. As I said, I would really like to remove that purple ground effect that happens while charging a super jump, but I've checked all of the files that seem relevant for that and none of them effect it. I have no idea which file that would be in.

So far, with the 'Disable Super Power Tracers v1', the aiming thing for Death From Above is also disabled.

Just found a way to disable the force shield effect (not really that difficult). Just remove the value within the visual tags at VFX_PlayerShield in the effects.xtbl like this:
Code:
<Name>VFX_PlayerShield</Name>
<visual></visual>
There's probably a better (more professional) way to do this since I have zero experience with modding SR games. At least this code works fine for me without causing any problems.

So far, with the 'Disable Super Power Tracers v1', the aiming thing for Death From Above is also disabled.

I guess it does remove that as well. It's part of the same file that has the tracers which appear behind you while in the air, so I don't think there's a way to have one without the other. In my opinion, it's not really a big deal, it's pretty easy to aim where you want to. Four giant arrows pointing to where you're aiming is kind of unnecessary.

Back