Disable Super Power Glow

Sorry to hear of any instability, the removal of the effect should not have left any null pointers as to my best understanding, but there's a lot of things done outside of the tables I'm editing. I know my game was never as stable as I would have liked before I ever applied any over riding files in the root directory, and my stability has not changed in a noticeable way.

As far as the SuperRun trailing energy swirl and the blue streaks off the hands while jumping, I came across very bad ways of disabling these while looking for the additive glow. These two effects are stored slightly differently, as they are VFX as opposed to material effects. When I straight up removed the VFX from the effect container in vfx.xtbl it didn't seem healthy. With VFX_SuperRun it got rid of the effect, while with VFX_JumpGlow it defaulted to the previous effect in the list and I had padlock icons coming off of various body parts. Likely that whatever SuperRun ended up pointing to had a more benign effect. Someone with a better understanding of a proper way to clean it up can see either effect in both vfx.xtbl and effects.xtbl, but I don't feel quite comfortable with the results for a release. Ideally in my mind, stripping out the vfx itself seems like the solution, but I'm not too sure how to do that at this time, a simpler solution would be to point it to blank effect, but not too sure about that idea and it may be as bad as the butchering.

Lastly, the purple ground effect for charging a jump I couldn't find with a bit of quick digging, I was unable to find a reference for it by names that made sense to me, so no real ideas for that. As a bit of purple in the blue world does seem, I generally don't notice it.

PS If I update this again I'll add a thanks to minimaul in the readme, but all this wouldn't be possible without the work he's done with the tools, so kudos to him, and it really is easy enough to dive into the little tweaks with the tools provided.

Quick separate release to remove Super Run effect, since people seem to what to disable all these things. To be honest, I'm fairly happy with most of the effects personally, so this isn't a huge priority, so when I hit road blocks I just go back to playing the game, but I keep coming back to poke at it some more. Getting rid of the purple ground effect is appealing to me, but this the one effect I have yet to see anywhere.

As far as the hair in all screenshots it's just the Butterfly Clip style, as much as I like a lot of the new hairs in IV, I have a hard time changing.
Edit: Shorts are actually the candy girl skirt.

DisableRunEnergy - Preview.jpg

Disable Super Run Energy Twirl
This just applies a scalar effect to the SuperRun to make it zero times it's ordinary size, thus hopefully making it invisible without increasing instability.
Thanks to IdolNinja for being awesome, Volition for the game, and Minimaul for the tools

Update 1.1 using effects.xtbl from latest patch as of 9/1/2013

Attachments

• Disable Super Run Energy Twirl 1.1.rar
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,230
Last edited:
Quick separate release to remove Super Run effect, since people seem to what to disable all these things. To be honest, I'm fairly happy with most of the effects personally, so this isn't a huge priority, so when I hit road blocks I just go back to playing the game, but I keep coming back to poke at it some more. Getting rid of the purple ground effect is appealing to me, but this the one effect I have yet to see anywhere.

As far as the hair in all screenshots it's just the Butterfly Clip style, as much as I like a lot of the new hairs in IV, I have a hard time changing.
Edit: Shorts are actually the candy girl skirt.

View attachment 3587
Disable Super Run Energy Twirl
This just applies a scalar effect to the SuperRun to make it zero times it's ordinary size, thus hopefully making it invisible without increasing instability.
Thanks to IdolNinja for being awesome, Volition for the game, and Minimaul for the tools
in the first screen shots in first page u r using butterfly clip and candy girl skirt?

Back