Disable Super Power Glow

Is there a way to remove that awful texture loading/streaming effect? I think you guys know the one I am referring to as it's everywhere all the time. XD

Is there a way to remove that awful texture loading/streaming effect? I think you guys know the one I am referring to as it's everywhere all the time. XD
There is! Check the Additional Cheats mod. One of the cheats is called noglitchy and it does what I think you're asking for. It's a vanilla cheat, but I think the mod removes the cheat flag from it.

Are you talking about the simulation glitch effect that constantly makes objects and NPCs blurry for a second? In the tweak_table.xtbl file, search for Glitch_effect_lifetime and change the value to 0. I'm uploading a file that contains only that change, just in case anyone doesn't already have a mod with the tweak_table.xtbl file installed. But since it is a very commonly-used file for mods, that is how you can manually add it to any other mod.

There is! Check the Additional Cheats mod. One of the cheats is called noglitchy and it does what I think you're asking for. It's a vanilla cheat, but I think the mod removes the cheat flag from it.

That's an annoying way to remove the effect since you need to re-enable the cheat every time you start playing.

Attachments

• Disable Glitch Effect v1.zip
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,772
Last edited:
Thank you both! I will use Ziggy's method for the sake of simplicity. (drag, drop, forget) However I was also noticing the texture scrolling effect on buildings. Is there anything that can be done for that as well?

I was never able to clear up the texture scrolling effects, only had luck getting rid of more pixelization nulling out some of the shaders, but noglitchcity cheat was enough for myself while keeping things like the low health and damage effects. Ziggy's fix is nice for the reasons he mentions, and is easy enough to edit whatever tweak table mod your previously using to include it.

Yeah I just scanned through each line of tweak_table.xtbl hoping to spot a relevant line. (With no success of course) I am just being nitpicky I suppose. I am happy just ditching that glitch effect and of course the superpower glow(<<thanks lenankamp).

Back