Community Modding Wishlist

About the legal copy checking tool, could the checker be linked into Steam accounts somehow? At least for SRTT/IV I mean, which going to be the most port-able between anyway for the time being. SR2 when applicable could be checked for Steam copies, but fall back on an EXE check or something for non-Steam copies. (It did come out non-Steam as well, correct?)

It's worth noting that Deep Silver own the rights to the WHOLE Saints Row franchise, as THQ has gone bankrupt. Using Bethesda isn't a good example as many different game studios and publishers work with them, therefore meaning there isn't anyone with full rights to the whole Fallout franchise (for example).
Fallout rights is definitely screwed, but I think Bethesda has taken legal action against more individuals than other companys have.

If we could get clothes to stack that would be cool.

Last edited:
could the checker be linked into Steam accounts somehow?
Potentially, but again, i think it's pointless to check. This isn't about piracy of the source game. It's about intellectual property rights with regard to redistribution of the material and the creation of derivative works. Having a license to play the game doesn't give you a right to any of that, but creating a tool that utilizes them if available doesn't require such a right. As far as i know.

Potentially, but again, i think it's pointless to check. This isn't about piracy of the source game. It's about intellectual property rights with regard to redistribution of the material and the creation of derivative works. Having a license to play the game doesn't give you a right to any of that, but creating a tool that utilizes them if available doesn't require such a right. As far as i know.

I don't really understand what you're getting at. We have permission, as you said already as well, from Volition to port content other than basically the core missions etc of either game. So what are all these extraneous concerns about? That would be the worries we had if not for permission being granted as it is, yes? Are you speaking of uploading the content with a mod to the forum and distributing that way? I know the license to play doesn't grant permission to transfer content or re-use it in some way, let alone redistribute, that's kind of a given I thought.

And I just don't think it's a pointless at all to check to see if either game is pirated or not. The content we're speaking of doesn't come from nowhere of course, if people pirated one of the games, they don't deserve a mod which includes content in the other game. These two things go hand in hand in my mind, so I just don't get where this is going. Not bitching or something at you, just confused on what you're saying.

I think he meant other games not made by Volition, if I'm correct, we have the permission to port contents from any SR to another.

We are not sure whether we can bring in other games content to SR modding scene, for example porting Batman's suit from Arkhem City to SR4. The use of CD Checks to verify the user own a copy of the game or not is mainly an idea to allow modders to bring another game content to SR games.

I think he meant other games not made by Volition, if I'm correct, we have the permission to port contents from any SR to another.

We are not sure whether we can bring in other games content to SR modding scene, for example porting Batman's suit from Arkhem City to SR4. The use of CD Checks to verify the user own a copy of the game or not is mainly an idea to allow modders to bring another game content to SR games.

Ohhh, well I just meant between SR games, but in that case, yeah, definitely problems. In that situation, I personally think it's just not worth it at all, because no matter the method or how moral it is, (such as using a transfer tool) most devs/pubs are going to have a major problem with it and ignore the fact you need their game for it.

Level Editor - That is all I ask for the world editing tools. For visually placing object and buildings, Hod dog stands, etc.

This x10 billion;
Ive spent countless hours on CryEngine sandbox and would love to mess this games level around for shits and giggles :D

This x10 billion;
Ive spent countless hours on CryEngine sandbox and would love to mess this games level around for shits and giggles :D
This will be way more fun though.

Back