Better Weapons Mod

found the problem. UPDATE YOUR TABLES.
seriously. i removed this mod and guess what? it fixed the problem of weapon upgrades never saved. if you'd like, i can do it.
edit: got it done and testing.
yup. fixed again. say you want me to release this one too?

Are you saying to just uninstall, then reinstall?

found the problem. UPDATE YOUR TABLES.
seriously. i removed this mod and guess what? it fixed the problem of weapon upgrades never saved. if you'd like, i can do it.
edit: got it done and testing.
yup. fixed again. say you want me to release this one too?

How would you go about updating it?

How would you go about updating it?
no. talking to the mod author.
and its simple.
extract misc_tables.vpp (using minimauls wonderful extractor)
edit both weapons.xtbl and weapon upgrades.xtbl
type "percent_increase"
change all values to zero.
done. :3
but i was talking to the mod author.

Yeah, the weapons.xtbl was touched upon in the recent patch so he'll have to unpack the patch file and use the new table file.

Oh, I see. Thank you regardless.
no. talking to the mod author.
and its simple.
extract misc_tables.vpp (using minimauls wonderful extractor)
edit both weapons.xtbl and weapon upgrades.xtbl
type "percent_increase"
change all values to zero.
done. :3
but i was talking to the mod author.

I figured you were - but it'd be nice to fix it myself for now so that I don't need to wait. :D Thank you regardless!

AH, THANKS for all posting on this mod.

I had installed in when it was released. Then walked away from SR4 for reasons I wont' disclose until after the latest patch. Played
some since with some new mods and noticed miy weapon upgrades do not stick and revert to no upgrades when game is reloaded.

Now I know why.
Going to remove this mod for now.

I tried the original files, and the "fix" files, but it seems rather incomplete. Out of the charge weapons I tried, only the shotgun and pistol worked, the rest were as they are in vanilla. I'll keep an eye on this mod, but for now I have to uninstall it. Thanks to the author for trying.

Hey, can you tell me where the "unarmed" weapon is located ? I wonder if there's a way to edit the variable and radius for the "unarmed" (punch - kick) ? I would like to mod something like an hulk mode but I dunno where the variable are for my character (if for example I could push people just walking near them and all ?).

I've downloaded teh v2.5 and my weapons are still going back to zero upgrades.
hangon. i realised my mistake... i think i will re-do 2.5 and call it 2.5 reloaded. just be patient. in the meantimes, delete the weapons.xtbl. its outdated and not from the patch

EDIT: heres teh real fix. :3 just as i thought, i didnt use the weapons.xtbl from the patch im testing it in game with the fix and it works beautifully

Attachments

• better weapon upgrades v2_5 RELOADED.rar
    51 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
Back