Be Zinyak Mod

I am currently creating a mod that let's you play as Zinyak. So far he has no animations (it's just a body that will move but doesn't animate at all) and also his head is invisible. I'll update as I get there. Please support me (with words) if you'd like to see this. Thanks :)

Attachments

• 2013-08-23_00002.jpg
    2013-08-23_00002.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 6,678
As much as I would like to play with this for 5 minutes, I am more interested in gameplay mods, and am willing to go the whole game wearing the default costume. Of course, others might disagree with me and would love the concept of playing as the protagonist's nemesis.

Perhaps shrinking the model, and turning it into a suit + helmet? No clue if it's possible. Just an idea.

Perhaps shrinking the model, and turning it into a suit + helmet? No clue if it's possible. Just an idea.
I was thinking more along the lines of having the camera further distance from the player. But what you said can be done, but I'd have to get into modeling, which I don't know how to do as of yet. I want to though. However, that may be able to be done in the SDK they will release for the game/s. But until then, I can't do it.

Will this mod be a gateway mod leading into mods for playing as other NPCs? i.e. kinzie, super kinzie, gat, etc.
And if I get it to work, yes, it could be a gateway mod. So far, as you can see, the model is there, but hardly any of the animations. I tried changing the directory of the animations for the model, but all that does it make it to where it doesn't even change me into him. I'm using the Mech Suit phone ability to change my model.

More than likely. Which complicates things and may or may not make this impossible.
I'm not sure about this.

When I was messing around with a homies mod, I had Zinyak call in as a homie and he had a head, but it quickly shrunk down into his body.

that makes me think his head is the same model, but perhaps it's lowering down to be normal player head height, rather than where his head should actually be since he's way tall.

I'm not sure about this.
that makes me think his head is the same model, but perhaps it's lowering down to be normal player head height, rather than where his head should actually be since he's way tall.
Could you verify this by walking close to a building, and forcing the camera so close to the player that it becomes inside the player? Perhaps you could see if the zinyak head is player height?

Back