Alternate Stand Animations V1.3

This is very cool. I was wondering if there's any chance of you putting the female pistol standing animation for the male. The way he holds it down by his side makes the weapon fairly hard to see if he's wearing clothing matching the hue of the handgun. =)

This is just wonderful! Now I have the perfect chance to make my sexy gurl walk with big ass guns (rilfes), just like the Morningstar b*tches do in SRTT.

Here's an example pic:
SsyAOpJ.jpg

Problem is I cannot alter the rifles' codes so that only the walking animation will be as of the pistols. I mean I can change the code so my char walks with the rifles exactly like with the pistols, but she runs with 'em just like with the pistols, too. And THAT is what I do NOT want my character to do.
So, I'd like to ask for your opinion/help in this matter of life or death, if I may. :D

Last edited:
I'm really sorry if you couldn't get why I really wanted, I'm Hungarian so English is not my native language and sometimes I'm having a hard time expressing myself, but I always try to do my best to do so.
But never mind that. I peeked into that file, and I think that's not what I'm looking for (still I can be wrong). What I was trying to say earlier is that in the file plyf.xtbl I took player_pistol_move_f from this string (in line 160):
Code:
<State><ID>walk</ID><Animation><Filename>player_pistol_move_f</Filename></Animation></State>
and with it I replaced player_rifle_move_f in this string (in line 211):
Code:
<State><ID>walk</ID><Animation><Filename>player_pistol_move_f</Filename></Animation></State>
so the rifle section of the file is now looks like this (I'd have liked to highlight the texts that had been swapped with (not dual) pistol animations in the file, but realized that you cannot format a thing if it's in code "view"):
Code:
#208 <Group><group>Rifle</group><States>
#209 <State><ID>stand</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sd.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#210 <State><ID>stand ready</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sd_rdy.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#211 <State><ID>walk</ID><Animation><Filename>player_pistol_move_f</Filename></Animation></State>
#212 <State><ID>jog</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_ps_jog.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#213 <State><ID>run</ID><Animation><Filename>player_pistol_move_f</Filename></Animation></State>
#214 <State><ID>run anim</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#215 <State><ID>walk anim</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_ps_wlk.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#216 <State><ID>stand aim</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sd_aim.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#217 <State><ID>fine aim stand</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sd_aim.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#218 <State><ID>face aim</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_face_aim.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#219 <State><ID>crouch</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_ch_rdy.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#220 <State><ID>crouch aim</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_ch_aim.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#221 <State><ID>crouch walk</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_rdy.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#222 <State><ID>crouch walk aim</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_aim.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#223 <State><ID>crouch walk aim back</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_aim_bck.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#224 <State><ID>crouch walk aim left</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_aim_lft.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#225 <State><ID>crouch walk aim right</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_aim_rgt.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#226 <State><ID>crouch wlk rdy fwd</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_rdy.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#227 <State><ID>weapon sprint</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sprint.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#228 <State><ID>pant</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_pant.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#229 <State><ID>run aim</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_ps_run_aim.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#230 <State><ID>run aim lh</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_ps_run_aim_l.animx</Filename></Animation></State>
#231 </States><Actions>
#232 <Action><ID>fine aim fire</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sd_fire.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#233 <Action><ID>stand fire</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sd_fire.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#234 <Action><ID>stand turn left 90</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_std_trn90_lft.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#235 <Action><ID>stand turn right 90</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_std_trn90_rgt.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#236 <Action><ID>idle</ID><Animation><Filename>cop_bs_null.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#237 <Action><ID>run to stop</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run-std.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#238 <Action><ID>false start</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_flse_strt.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#239 <Action><ID>face fire</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_face_fire.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#240 <Action><ID>stand turn left 180</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_std_trn180_lft.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#241 <Action><ID>stand turn right 180</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_std_trn180_rgt.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#242 <Action><ID>jump</ID><Animation><Filename>plym_rfl_jump.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#243 <Action><ID>jump land</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_jump_land.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#244 <Action><ID>run to stop right</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run_tostop_rgt.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#245 <Action><ID>sprint to stop</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sprint-std.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#246 <Action><ID>sprint to stop weapon</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sprint-std_wpn.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#247 <Action><ID>run jump land to stop</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run_jmplnd_stp.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#248 <Action><ID>ready to stand</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_aim_tostnd.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#249 <Action><ID>crouch walk reload right</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_rgt_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#250 <Action><ID>bash</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_ps_ml_kck.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#251 <Action><ID>crouch walk reload</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#252 <Action><ID>crouch walk reload left</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_chwlk_rgt_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#253 <Action><ID>reload</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_sd_rld.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#254 <Action><ID>run reload</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run_rld.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#255 <Action><ID>run reload back left</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_runbck_lft_rld.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#256 <Action><ID>run reload l</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run_rld.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#257 <Action><ID>run reload left</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run_rld_lft.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#258 <Action><ID>crouch reload</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_ch_rld.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#259 <Action><ID>back pedal left reload</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_bped_left_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#260 <Action><ID>back pedal right reload</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_bped_rgt_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#261 <Action><ID>run reload back</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run_bck_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#262 <Action><ID>run reload right</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_run_rld_rgt.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#263 <Action><ID>walk reload</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_wlk_reld.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#264 <Action><ID>walk reload left</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_wlk_lft_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
#265 <Action><ID>walk reload right</ID><Animation><Filename>plyf_rfl_wlk_rgt_rload.animx</Filename></Animation></Action>
In-game the desired animation won't trigger when I only change player_rifle_move_f in line #211, just the default one. But if I change player_rifle_move_f in line #213 as well, it will trigger, therefore my running animation will also change to the pistol running animation (obviously), which I do not want (partly because it looks awkward). I want that one to stay as it is, on the default animation.

So what can be done so this two will trigger individually from one another? I hope this time I made myself at least a bit clearer. :D
(Feel like I forgot something to mention. Oh well, whatever. Surely it was something very important *sarcasm.*)

Oh, damn I failed so hard... And this was that very important something I forgot mentioning, that I thought I was the one who misunderstood YOU. Well, whatever, nuff said about me.
Thank you for helping me out, also I was indeed wrong about the file anim_blend_trees that this was not what I was looking for.
Anyhow, I'll try to pull something together with this file. I'll also inform you when and if I manage to achieve any (rather positive) results (guess there'll be only negative ones). Thank you again!

Back