All SR3 Clothes

... add the suggestion that copies of certain items be made with their original SR3 names so that porting in outfits from SR3 works properly.

This indeed.

Instead of making copies though, a script (I have no idea how mods work in Saints Row, but I have a moderate understanding of how they work in Skyrim (not directly saying that the two are comparable)) might make sure that if a renamed SR:TT-item is worn on an imported character, it is switched with the new, renamed SR:IV-version with the appropriate colors; so as to avoid copies in-game.
Why the developers did not make this, or indeed changed the names of kept items in the first place, is yet another mystery.

The reason that SRIV didn't have all clothing from SRTT is simply a matter of consoles having limited memory.
i hate the fact that they don't do a version on the consoles which has the less content and then do the full content version for the PC,
as i have moved away from using the consoles as i was getting sick of games which on the PC had no limit where as the console versions was limited.
to me if your a hardcore gamer these days you should be really playing on a PC as consoles are far to limited.

As for the topic of this tread yeah i miss all the cars and clothes that didn't make it into SR4,
Hopefully violation will do a dlc for us pc users which will add all the content they took out.

They want to keep parity between the PC and console releases, so we won't see Volition doing it officially, but they are giving PC users the tools we need to add and modify things ourselves.

Hopefully violation will do a dlc for us pc users which will add all the content they took out.

Volition.
The company's name is Volition.

I know that in Saints Row The Third there were those Crooks and Castles items, with the logos on. Maybe Volition don't have the rights or the deal with that company any more. But yeah, I remember seeing on some interview I watched during the SR4 hype where they asked if all the clothing is back and they said that it was ALL back just like before. But I'll be darned if I can remember what Event/Con/Promo interview it was.

They want to keep parity between the PC and console releases, so we won't see Volition doing it officially, but they are giving PC users the tools we need to add and modify things ourselves.
yeah i noticed that yesterday that they are making a program to do that with, which i very grateful for i just hope that it is user friendly and not one the these programs where you need to know how to edit/write code.

I've been trying to add in SR3 items but run into problems.
Currently the ASM update tool does not allow us to insert extra lines.
And all of the clothing articles that are missing from SR4 are not listed in the customize_item.asm_pc file for SR4 (which is logical as they don't exist in the game).
So items (be it a shirt, pants, shoes, etc) that were left out due to memory limitations will have to wait until an ASM tool is available.

So it'll be possible to port over the egyptian hair?
It should be possible after the asm tool becomes available.
Basically, the hair style is in the SR3 customize_player.vpp_pc.
You would simply extract that particular str2_pc file and the customize_player.asm_pc from SR3 vpp.
Then unpacking/convert/repacking the str2 into a SR4 version.
Along with extracting the area within the SR3 asm file that calls on that hair style, and inserting that data into the SR4 version of the same file.

It should work... no promises though.

Back