All SR3 Clothes

SRIV promised to have all SR3 clothes. It only had a handfull. And the ones that did get in, a few are full suits and can't be worn as parts. Someone needs to hopefully fix these issues.

I've also noticed some clothes in the SRIV Station are even missing in SRIV. Something must have gone wrong.

I was informed on this thread that taking content from one game and putting it in another like this is illegal.
Is that true?
if so, I would propose the same thing I did then:
A mod could reference the files from the Saints Row the Third folder, and thus, only owners of the content could use it in their Saints Row IV games.
That makes sense to me.

Also, [I know I'm going to sound like a spoiled gamer when I say this, but] why, in a game this driven by customization and individuality, with the ability to import your character from a past game, would they actually remove articles of clothing? Would it not have been just as easy to leave them in for the few of us who'd miss them?

The legality all depends on the company involved. Porting assets between the Saints Row PC games is something that Volition is actively helping us with behind the scenes, so there's really nothing to worry about. The only way it would become an issue would be a full conversion. For example, we might have a problem if someone attempted to port all the SRTT missions/content into SRIV. But clothing or npcs or cars? Not an issue.

The reason that SRIV didn't have all clothing from SRTT is simply a matter of consoles having limited memory.

First of all; cool. I look forward to seeing this mod at some point then (for if there's no legal issue, it will quite probably be out there soon).
(I'm not gonna be able to play until Friday, anyway ;)... Europe and all that...)

Secondly; my hardened PC-gamer heart had totally neglected to consider that complication, but of course; that makes sense.
What didn't make sense was simply removing the clothing needlessly, but I can appreciate the dilemma.

Thank you for a swift response :)

The legality all depends on the company involved. Porting assets between the Saints Row PC games is something that Volition is actively helping us with behind the scenes, so there's really nothing to worry about. The only way it would become an issue would be a full conversion. For example, we might have a problem if someone attempted to port all the SRTT missions/content into SRIV. But clothing or npcs or cars? Not an issue.

The reason that SRIV didn't have all clothing from SRTT is simply a matter of consoles having limited memory.

Would really love if all the clothes were ported over correctly as well as the ones now a full peice replaced with parts, and all the SR3 vehicles that didn't make it in SRIV. The more the better. Shame the Consoles really held back this game.

Was going to suggest this myself as well. Beside separating outfits that got merged into one uncolorable suit for some inexplicable reason, I'll add the suggestion that copies of certain items be made with their original SR3 names so that porting in outfits from SR3 works properly.
While it wasn't entirely out of character for my main SR3 character to walk around the White Crib in his boxers, it would have been nice to be able to play through that in my favorite outfit. The items for which I believe I found in the shops later, but under new names for more inexplicable reasons.

Actually, thinking of the wardrobe and outfit importing, is it possible to fix it so that your imported clothes actually register with your wardrobe so you can play around with what you are wearing without jumping back to outfits?

Back