A map editor?

For reference the SP city file, same may be for MP city files for sr2, but you can remove chunk references and those chunks will stop showing up in game if that helps any at all.
I had previously assumed that chunks are hardcoded in the exe. This is tempting, imagine adding new chunks or rearranging the world. I guess reversing it may also help with chunkfiles themselves.

I had previously assumed that chunks are hardcoded in the exe. This is tempting, imagine adding new chunks or rearranging the world. I guess reversing it may also help with chunkfiles themselves.
I want to assume you can technically already rearrange the world, I assumed the collision data/bsp data/ and coord data was purely in the chunk itself, at least it seems to be that way at least on sr1 because I can use any city file and cords stay the same in that chunk but I mean they would kinda have to be otherwise random objects in the chunk would be missing and placed elsewhere in the world. So with this assumption the whole collision map should be movable but all of that is beyond my knowledge haha so I could be wrong in the end

I want to assume you can technically already rearrange the world, I assumed the collision data/bsp data/ and coord data was purely in the chunk itself, at least it seems to be that way at least on sr1 because I can use any city file and cords stay the same in that chunk but I mean they would kinda have to be otherwise random objects in the chunk would be missing and placed elsewhere in the world. So with this assumption the whole collision map should be movable but all of that is beyond my knowledge haha so I could be wrong in the end
Yeah, the chunks have collision and a lot of information about where it's placed, and object positions and whatnot are in global coords already. Not sure if has everything, like loading zone, for example but it could be. But I was thinking rearranging as in building a new world, starting from scratch.

Imagine recreating Steelport, and make a mod similar to Gta Underground or Gta United. Maybe this will happen in the future..
That is such a fantastic idea, you have no idea how much I would LOVE that. A Saints Row-Themed GTA Underground or better yet a Saints Row-Themed GTA Stars & Stripes, a whole Saints Row USA map. We can only imagine until it actually happens :D

A map editor built in Godot game engine.

In it's current state it's more like a toy than a real tool, but I hope to grow it into something usable.
View attachment 35742
Project source
Download a build here.

No changing collisions yet.

Quick usage:

Unzip and run the program.
Open a chunkfile (Make sure there exists both a .chunk_pc and .g_chunk_pc file in the same folder).
The chunk should appear in a second.
Navigate with mouse, controls are the same as in blender. Click the question mark button for a better explanation.
When you click save, a new file is created in the same place, with “_new” suffix in its name.
Clear button resets the program.

Something I've been working on. Very early version.

My old python scripts were never intended to be the end product for my project. Now here's a (yet very limited) tool built on Godot game engine.

Features:
* move objects
* change an object’s model (to an existing model, not custom model)
* display object name

Missing features:
* It can't add or remove objects.
* It's unaware of rotation and scale of an object.
* Some chunks crash it
* It doesn't recalculate cullboxes
* Moving objects doesn't affect physics.
* Custom model import

View attachment 33551

Download from github

Quick usage:

Unzip and run the program.
Drag a chunk file into the window (Make sure there’s both a .chunk_pc and .g_chunk_pc file in the same folder).
The chunk should appear in a second.
Navigate with mouse, controls are the same as in blender. Click the question mark button for a better explanation.

Click on an object and a property panel will appear.
After making your changes, click save to save the chunk. New file is created in the same place, with “_new” suffix in its name.
Clear button resets the program.

You can open multiple chunks, but that’s undefined behavior. Don’t save.
i cannot wait to edit stilwater in this editor wooooo!

Back