A map editor?

Love to see that the cut MP gansta brawl map - Prison has proper chunk data.
The map is non loadable game side due to a missing .city_pc file. (I never found it anyways) I assume this is the main reason it won't load in game in MP.
Untitled3.png

interesting never seen this before, although I remember having a dream or something where I played a map like this on xbox or it was real idk lol
Yeah actually it was a dlc map on console, masako pointed that out to me yesterday. I completely forgot about it. So this should be that same map, just unfinished on the PC version due to lack of dlc being supported. The above scraped Crib had to be cut very early in development of sr2 because it's the snatch activity cutscene interior from saints row 1

Hey by the way, do you know much about city_pc files?
For saints row 2 not much tbh. I know a little for sr1 but nothing all that useful. I know the city files is the chunk loader for a lack of better words, also a chunk order to load as(?). But most of that is honestly a guess based on what I have done for sr1. I know the city files usually contain a "default spawn" spawn point, which is honestly just for the debug menu for both sr1 and sr2 alike. That way when you use the level command you spawn at that default spawn point. I know it also holds the orientation data, and possibly more data such as the spawn range for that default spawn but honestly unsure. For sr2 I never got city files do as I wanted them to do. In sr1 using diff "Mp city files and even the sp city file -after removing all chunks from the file and defining my own custom chunk name" and using them as a base you can basically almost turn any chunk into a new map for MP, but this doesnt work for every chunk, as you will get missing textures or random crashes. So my knowledge is honestly scarce for the city files. I wish I knew more but sadly do not other than that little bit of info. I know the sp city file has alot more chunk references besides the main chunk list, which I self assume may be for load order or for streaming and unloading chunks at certain distances and such but also heavily unsure.

Another update.
- Assign a parent cityobject to a light source. Used for street lights, for example.
- Positions of child lights are now relative to their parents instead of world origin.
1684412078837.png

- @ItsIggy Unknown 10 in light data is exposed. Still no clue what it does, but it experimenting should be easy.
- Unpack (some) chunk data at import

1684411000968.png

The idea is to pull out parts into separate files so they can be examined and edited without having to manage the whole chunkfile.
So far it only exports two things:
- Baked collision model of the whole chunk, undocumented binary format. This broken mess can also be viewed in the editor.1684411426450.png
- Materials in JSON form

1684411296183.png

I'll be adding more things to unpack and also add the ability to put this data back in.

For saints row 2 not much tbh. I know a little for sr1 but nothing all that useful. I know the city files is the chunk loader for a lack of better words, also a chunk order to load as(?). But most of that is honestly a guess based on what I have done for sr1. I know the city files usually contain a "default spawn" spawn point, which is honestly just for the debug menu for both sr1 and sr2 alike. That way when you use the level command you spawn at that default spawn point. I know it also holds the orientation data, and possibly more data such as the spawn range for that default spawn but honestly unsure. For sr2 I never got city files do as I wanted them to do. In sr1 using diff "Mp city files and even the sp city file -after removing all chunks from the file and defining my own custom chunk name" and using them as a base you can basically almost turn any chunk into a new map for MP, but this doesnt work for every chunk, as you will get missing textures or random crashes. So my knowledge is honestly scarce for the city files. I wish I knew more but sadly do not other than that little bit of info. I know the sp city file has alot more chunk references besides the main chunk list, which I self assume may be for load order or for streaming and unloading chunks at certain distances and such but also heavily unsure.
I see, thanks. Gotta create a spec for the file then. It would be just excellent if it lets us manage which chunks to load.

Another update.
- Assign a parent cityobject to a light source. Used for street lights, for example.
- Positions of child lights are now relative to their parents instead of world origin.
View attachment 35747
- @ItsIggy Unknown 10 in light data is exposed. Still no clue what it does, but it experimenting should be easy.
- Unpack (some) chunk data at import

View attachment 35744
The idea is to pull out parts into separate files so they can be examined and edited without having to manage the whole chunkfile.
So far it only exports two things:
- Baked collision model of the whole chunk, undocumented binary format. This broken mess can also be viewed in the editor.View attachment 35746
- Materials in JSON form

View attachment 35745

I'll be adding more things to unpack and also add the ability to put this data back in.

I see, thanks. Gotta create a spec for the file then. It would be just excellent if it lets us manage which chunks to load.
For reference the SP city file, same may be for MP city files for sr2, but you can remove chunk references and those chunks will stop showing up in game if that helps any at all.

Back