♥ Couchie & Gurney ♥

Happy Valentine's Day from...
Couchie-Gurney_Banner_Fade.png
Couchie & Gurney are the BEST of Homies!

Couchie loves nothing more than watching sports...
C&G1.png

...and relaxing by the fire.
C&G2.png

Gurney just wants to help...
C&G3.png

...but all too often things get even messier!
C&G4.png

They may sometimes have their lover's tiffs...
C&G5.png

...and they make Couchie look sad.
C&G6.png

But through it all, Couchie & Gurney are the best Homies you could have!
C&G7.png

ABOUT:

This mod was inspired by this story from Saints Row 2's development:

How to unlock:
Both Couchie and Gurney are unlocked by completing either of the Fight Club Activities.
-Couchie unlocked by beating Level 3.​
-Gurney unlocked by beating Level 6.​
(Couchie may also be unlocked by beating the final Ronin mission.)
There will be no notification that you have unlocked them, but they will be unlocked.

Couchie & Gurney will replace existing Homies.
-Couchie replaces Legal Lee Homie.​
-Gurney replaces Troy Homie.​
(Legal Lee and Troy will still appear as intended in all other areas of the game.)

WHY COUCHIE AND GURNEY, SPECIFICALLY?:

Cutscene props can be used as NPCs in Saints Row 2. However, most cannot ragdoll like a human can, and simply disappear when attempting to do so. This creates a gravitational field around where the prop disappeared, slowly dragging anything which isn't tied down towards that spot, and occasionally sending that junk high into the sky, or through walls, causing game instability.
Prop_Ragdoll_Bug.gif
These Couch and Gurney cutscene props are the only exceptions I found. Both of them can ragdoll like a human NPC, without causing game instability.

INSTALLATION:
(Gentlemen Of The Row is REQUIRED for this mod to work.)

1. COPY all files found in the "Couchie & Gurney" folder.
2. PASTE all files into "Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE".
3. Run "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat".
4. IMPORTANT!: MAKE SURE "MISC HOMIE PACK" AND "VILLAIN HOMIE PACK" ARE *NOT* ENABLED IN THE GOTR PATCH BUILDER!
5. From the main menu, type "P" and press Enter to rebuild your GotR patch.
6. Move the newly created contents of "MY_CUSTOM_PATCH" into your Saints Row 2 root folder (Where SR2_pc.exe is located.).
7. Launch the game, call 'em up, and enjoy the company of your new bestest Homies!

UNINSTALLER:

WARNING: NEVER blindly run a .bat file you downloaded from the internet! This batch file is safe, but don't take my word for it. Open it in Notepad first, and make sure it won't delete anything from your system you don't want it to.

1. Place "UNINSTALLER (Couchie & Gurney).bat" into your GotR "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder and run it.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Once finished, move it back into your Couchie & Gurney "Uninstaller" folder.

CREDITS:
-"Gentlemen Of The Row" by IdolNinja (&Co.)​
- Volition Developer Marc Kirkland, for inspiring this mod by regaling to us the legend of Couchie!

Unzipped Folder Size: 221 KB

Attachments

• Couchie & Gurney v1.0.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 37
😂😂. Awesome mod idea, your really killing it with the content your releasing keep going ♥️. Hopefully you can one day import 3d character models and replace the voice for the player and some NPC characters, that'll be 🔥. I've made some new voice lines using AI for the boss when in free roam and editing the soundbank WAV file, and I have to say, it's been quite interesting doing so.

This mod page was so well done, I thought it was released 5 years ago back when the passion of modders were pretty sky high.
Well done, I love your presentation! <3

😂😂. Awesome mod idea, your really killing it with the content your releasing keep going ♥️. Hopefully you can one day import 3d character models and replace the voice for the player and some NPC characters, that'll be 🔥. I've made some new voice lines using AI for the boss when in free roam and editing the soundbank WAV file, and I have to say, it's been quite interesting doing so.
Oh cool! I haven't really touched the audio files much yet. But I've had an idea in the back of my mind for a long time to try pitching and equalizing the British Male voice to sound feminine. It would take quite some time to do all the files. I was waiting to see if the patch fixed the audio first before touching anything, but I guess I'm free to tackle it now.
This mod page was so well done, I thought it was released 5 years ago back when the passion of modders were pretty sky high.
Well done, I love your presentation! <3
Thanks, that's nice of you to say! I am passionate about modding, but then I'm still somewhat new to it. The passion is still alive for some of us. Just look at the post above yours!

Back